Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I just wanna say I'm having a blast! Lots of fun games in this jam

A topic by Michel Castilho created Oct 16, 2023 Views: 234 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+3)

Hey! Nice to meet you all, I'm Michel Castilho.

Can we just take a moment to pat ourselves in the back? I'm seeing  some awesome work and having loads of fun, so let's talk about it!

Feel free to add me on Discord: michelcastilho

I've also built my very first game after switching to Godot, with a little help from my friends. We're a small team from Brazil and this is the game we made:

https://itch.io/jam/jump-ship-jam/rate/2316858

Any feedback is welcome!

I hope you all had fun and learned a ton in this jam, and I wanna see more of your work in the future.

Submitted(+2)

Hey Michel! Nice to see some positivity being spread around here. I agree, it's great to see some of the work coming out of this - and also fantastic to see how many people have picked up Godot (same as myself). I had a blast learning the engine through this jam and hope you did too!

It's a shame there was no discord setup for this jam. Would have been great to get in touch with some of the other creators :)

Submitted (1 edit)

We all need positivity and support each other, building games is hard, it's an art and being an artist was never easy.

Godot is all I could dream of man. I always wanted a FOSS engine, because that means you actually own your game from the ground up, which cannot be overstated.

As for Discord, please feel free to add me! But I have to confess that I'm a bit of a loner when developing, I mostly just get help and help people in the official Godot boards

Submitted(+1)

Hello Michel!

This was a really fun experience. I did not initially plan on taking part in a game jam when I decided to start learning proper game dev with Godot, but the timing lined up and I'm glad I jumped in! This was also my first time learning 3D. My initial scope far outpaced the time I had but I learned a lot and I'm glad just to have something that works!

I'm excited to check out all the submissions and will be streaming my experiences and thoughts during this week. Well done everyone! 

V

Submitted(+1)

Hey! I'm glad man, please post your stream!

Submitted(+1)

Here you go! 

My Livestream - Random Jump Ship Jam Games pt1: https://youtube.com/live/LS2_bkCFC-0?feature=share

Submitted(+2)

I second this - please post the stream! I love seeing streamers play the games we make!

Submitted

Speaking of which, I played my own game on Twitch for a little while yesterday, and I plan on doing it again. Follow the game and I'll make an announcement for that and also the upcoming updates after the jam is finished.

Submitted(+1)

Just posted in the above comment :)

Submitted(+2)

Heya! It's true, I had a blast with quite a lot of the games of this jam. I really recommend you "The Bigger They Are"! It's my favourite of them all

Submitted

I just have! It's really good indeed!

Submitted(+1)

Was a fun jam! 

Submitted(+1)

What you guys delivered was really good btw.