Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Image Scaling?

A topic by Krevz created Jul 21, 2023 Views: 266 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

I'm using Unity (2021.3.24f) and ive imported a bunch of different 2D asset packs, but whenever I try to scale them up at all they go incredibly blurry, the initial sizes are way too small for what I need them for, I've tried using camera zoom but again they blur/go low quality. 

I have tried to get the vectorgraphics package manager to use the svg images in Unity itself, but that doesn't seem to allow me to slice the vector images up so they are usable, here's an example of the SVG spritesheet, which still doesn't look right:

and here's a look at normal png's in Unity (scaled up):

the metal panel is 100x100, but I need it much larger for a menu (1920x1080 resolution), have tried putting it on UI images, sprites, changing import settings, etc. and no luck yet, any ideas? I have not worked with vector images before in Unity so im a bit lost, any help appreciated thanks :D

(+1)

Ive had the same issue the only thing Ive found that solves this problem is either using fixed resolution based on the sprites like for 124x124 sprites 1240 x 1240 resolution or if you dont want to do that use different assets and use some post processing to cover it up.

Hmm okay that sucks, using a fixed resolution wouldn't really work for what I had planned :( rescaling the assets was going to be a frequent mechanic through-out my game, I think ill have to sit this one out unfortunately, good luck with your submission!

(+1)

Put it on point filtering and disable compression. I think that should probably do it. If it's still not there, you can try the "pixel perfect" unity package in the package manager. (Have to look up how it works, I think you add a pixel perfect component to the sprite?) If those don't do it, I dunno.

Hey, I had tried point filtering and disabling compression and no luck unfortunately, haven't tried the pixel perfect package but had toggled it on/off on the camera, ill look into that for future jams thanks for the reply!