On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Do You Have Any Learning Goals For This Jam?

A topic by Arcain02 created Feb 16, 2024 Views: 218 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 11
(+1)

Personally, I want to get better at developing game play. The first game I made was pretty lack luster in many aspects, but game play was definitely the biggest one. I know this is a short jam, but you can learn a lot in a short time! So, what are some things you guys want to learn or get better at for the few days this game jam is going on?

Submitted(+2)

i just want to finish a game once again i cant remember the last game i finished

(+1)

Make sure you stay realistic in scope! It's easy to get out of control with the ideas you have, but just make sure you stay within what you can reasonably do within a few days at your skill level while pushing yourself. You got this, good luck!

(+2)

I think my games are to shallow. Will try this jam to actually implement some kind of complex system

Good luck! I hope you can make something complex enough to make you satisfied for this game jam

Submitted(+2)

I've been playing around with godot for a few months. So now that I know what I'm doing, I wanna see  how fast I can deliver a polished game :)

Submitted(+1)

Learning how to make game fast in short time period.

(+3)

I have abandoned so many projects mainly due to scope creep, I want to see if I can overcome that this time

(1 edit) (+1)

trying to improve code maintainability, and writing code for team projects (If I can find a programmer to work with).

Edit: I didn't find a programmer to work with in time to enter the jam ): maybe next time

Submitted(+2)

To not let scope creep take over! I've been real scatter brained and I'd just like to see something coming come together.

Submitted

I know that im writing this *after* I've already made my game, but I'd like to learn level design in the near future because I've rarely gotten far enough in games to make levels(I am a FREQUENT project hopper). I feel like levels account for at least 50% of the experience a player has(depending on the game) and since im so bad at it I feel like it makes my games automatically worse

Submitted

I'm very new to the whole game dev scene so I'm trying to improve basically all of my skills so I can one day make an actually good game.