Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How do you people make a playable game in such a short time?!?

A topic by gektek created 18 days ago Views: 101 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Ok, I haven't done squat programming wise since, well, I hate to admit it but there is a very likely chance since before some of you were born ;P ...I kid because I'm old...

ANYWAY...chances are that most people that enter these things already know how to use the game engine they are designing things with. I happen to be on team "doesn't know his engine and forgets how most code works"...but good gawd am I having a blast!!!

My entry will be the one that you can barely call playable and looks as if drawn by accidentally spilling some paint onto a random surface...HOWEVER!!! Watch out because this ol' brain is a learnin' things which means more doin' next time... *jazz hands*

Submitted(+1)

Practice and trying to “Keep it simple”. I re-lookup lots of code during but the more often I do that, the more I remember.

Best of luck to your game :D

Submitted(+1)

Welp, I entered. My game is hot garbage and I absolutely love it! Big ol' smile on my face just for entering!

Here goes nothing...but WOW I had fun and learned a bunch!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Submitted(+1)

Awesome stuff man, I’ll play it after and rate it later. The biggest thing is having a good time and submitting anything. My submission isn’t fully finished but I learned some stuff and had a good experience.

Submitted

We have two programmers with great levels of experience, and we still barely make it to the finish line! Part of the fun is scrambling last-minute to make something releaseable-ish! Great job!

Submitted

I would say that you have come very well to the finish line! 

There were many games with their interesting uniqueness, but I must admit that I gave the best rating to yours. 

You nailed it.

Submitted

Really appreciate that :) By barely made it, I mean it literally - submission was 21 seconds before the deadline x)

Submitted

And I don't think you were even the only ones, there was someone who subdued like three seconds before the end of time. You guys are really top notch ahah