Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Phew, barely finished how'd everyone do?

A topic by KiichiW created Nov 15, 2020 Views: 401 Replies: 19
Viewing posts 1 to 19
Submitted

Jeez 48 hours is a rough deadline, I swear I really felt that I put all my energy in the final few hours this morning. I'm curious to hear how everyone else did on this jam? Did ya not make it? Do really well? Personally I'm a really slow worker so my models and enemies were as per usual, a bunch of default cubes with colors but the jam was incredibly fun.

Submitted

Currently compiling, very stressful haha!

Submitted

it is really rough gotta say!When i needed to publish...JEEZ

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Its been a while since I got this stressed out and at the same time had fun too. 
Hardly made it too . Had to discard some ideas just to finish cause I'm slow  :D

Submitted

REALLY?

Submitted

i was like sitting in mine computer for sooo long mine eyes poped out

Submitted

at least your game is 3d

Submitted

I was being like a zombie for 2 day :D. Everyone being like he's on to something :D

Submitted(+1)

yeah pretty much.Two things that were hard are getting the idea and publishing

Got a bug that broke the whole game and i didnt know the cause and spent the whole day trying to fix it and still haven't 

Submitted

Was suuuuper stressed the last few hours due to bugs popping up only AFTER the game was compiled lmao

Submitted

Super hard, my first game jam! At the end game looks pretty good, and I even ended about 2h before :D

Submitted

My web build finished just one minute before the deadline after half hour of uncertainity if I’d even make it.

Submitted

It was fun. had to discard few things, and my internet suddenly went slow few hours before the deadline. in the end, I'm glad I'm able to make it :)

Submitted

Was my first game jam and my first game ever, so I did not slept much but it was an awesome experience, :D

Submitted

did not get enough done on friday. ended up pulling an all nighter last night. worth tho.

Submitted

I honestly had a ton of fun for my first jam. Sucks to not have added a few things but oh well, main game play idea is there. I know I wasted a lot of time making minor changes to my assets then to export & reimport to unity. 

(1 edit)

Honestly, it was really stressful for me.  Didn't help that I have some other projects I was working on, including one I wanted to get somewhat feature-complete by Saturday.  I had no idea what genres to mix, and when I used a genre-mixer tool I ended up with "interactive fiction/battle royale."  So I tried to simulate that kind of experience.  Figure out how to code a decent battle sequence in RenPy.   Had to make myself be happy with a smaller runtime and less-complicated set-up (originally, you could choose from five different bots to use and they would all have different stats and movesets...yeah, that wasn't happening in the timeframe...)

I think it came out okay.  Not my favorite project I've made, but still okay.

Probably not going to do many more short jams like this though, it was too stressful and I am too old.

Submitted

Barely slept this weekend. It was pretty stressful waiting for the game to compile a couple minutes before the deadline, but after submitting it, I was pretty relieved. I did have to cut back on a few things, but I'm pretty happy with the final product :)

Submitted (1 edit)

i had sent my submission 9 seconds in. My entire body was shaking from anxiety X D. Slept total of 8 hours this weekend