Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+2)

GOOD EVENING, everyone.

your fantastic journies
their SWAG,
their JUICE,
their GUTS,
i have borne witness to them.
i have seen both within and beyond, their comparisons and amalgamations.
yes, i have seen the "OVERALL SCORE".

allow i, the envoy, to pass these truths upon ye.
(featuring 16x16 pixelguys i just whipped up)

FIRST PLACE:
A Bouquet For My Botanical Darling, by @love-killed-the-superstar
(it's honey! i had to guess for what was below the waist)
a fantastic game with visuals stunning for a mere week. well. that's where the determination comes in, i would wager.
it scored first in two of the three categories, juice and swag.

SECOND PLACE:
Lady Cobalt, by ME
 (it's teruka! unforgivable)

thank you everybody i did my best. drawing is not my strong suit but i did a lot of it with varying results. i mentioned it on the game's page, but did you catch that this is a sequel-ish thing? the original is some ancient visual novel i found by complete randomness. check it out if you liked mine!
came first in guts.

THIRD PLACE:
Final Exam, by @johanofkarlsson
 (it's matt! also had to guess. who knows, maybe hes got surfer shorts and heelys down there)

very nice little touches on this one. nothin sells a first person pov like seeing your hand with a watch on it. molly is kind of mean but it is okay!

FOURTH PLACE:
Office Ghost Teeps by @Vinyis
 (it's me. (it's teeps))
short and simple but what can i say teeps sells it like nobody else could. i am happy he is nice now.
i should mention it did get second in guts!

FIFTH PLACE:
Within the Same Walls, by @VItheSixth
 (it's magali! better here than the cursed shitter huh)
clearly AMBITIOUS but we all know how it is, sometimes things fall apart while jamming. i know i had to cut two whole areas from lady cobalt. i hope she can manage her isekai and writing before she dies or has nothing to submit! (equally embarrassing events)

regardless of rankings, all the games were cool to play and very distinct from eachother. everybody got an a+ in my book! including myself!

you can see all the numbers on the game's individual pages, this is all using the weighted itch.io score so if you punch the raw scores in you'll probably get a slightly different calculation. bouquet still wins either way!

alright that's enough business. let's sit down for some real talk. you and me. i have something to confess. you might have seen the front page for this jam. i promised something to you, the people. that the winner of the jam would receieve "a COOL STEAM GAME from me (aeon)". at the time, this was the truth. i meant every word of it.

but times have changed. the world keeps turning. the storm is over, and my own memories feel like the actions of a different, distant person.

i could never have simply provided this COOL STEAM GAME to you, jamwinner.

seeing it clearly from the warm shelter we have gathered at to share stories, i know what i have to do.

so henceforth and immediately i am announcing: cool steam game for EVERYONE because THANK YOU for joining my jam even though there were only five teams total it was fantastic.

it's also just about christmas so, you know, checks out. we may only be passing eachother by admist the great winter but i tried to pick somethin based on the entries you know we keep it real

unfortunately itch.io doesn't have DMs and i don't have keys! i only know how to steam gift! so! if you want to [[CLAIM YOUR FREE PRIZE TODAY]] add me on steam and i will getcha. going to bed immediately after this though so may be a couple hours before i'm online again

and that's basically it!

since it seems like it worked out well i will see if i can host another jam in 2023. not sure if you can just follow me and be alerted to when it happens but keep a look out for something with a dumb name in all caps and an overly metaphorical description. will try to at least have the page up a month in advance.

hasta la vista,
aeon

good job mate and good job to every submitters.

y'all made me want to play more visual novels so it's cool, you're cool.

Merry Christmas!

Submitted

Oh wow it's my boy Teeps, fanart is the best jam award I could ever ask for but not only that there's ALSO steam thank you so much

This jam was a lot of fun! Like most I'm sure, even though I wish I coulda done more I still learned a lot and may touch up my entry at some point. Despite how small scale it was and with no preset theme I like how many of us still ended up with some form of ghost story. Surprised I scored as high as I did in Guts but there's nothing better to be beaten by than PUNCHING THE SUN (EVIL) YEAHHHH

Submitted

Even if we knew we would only be able to submit a super short demo from the beginning, I'm glad I tried leading my first project. But Game Jams are hard. I don't know how people find just the right scale, just the right idea, just the right everything to pitch a doable game in such a short period of time. Perhaps it's not something I can do.

But I'll come back again. Somewhere in the credits of a game.

Submitted(+1)

:0 YOOOOO

I'm so happy and surprised, everyone's games were wonderful and I really enjoyed taking part in this jam!! Thank you everyone for the learning experience and the generous scores for my demo. It's given me a huge confidence boost to try to finish Bouquet so thank you so so much ;____;

Thanks for your generosity @aeon in gifting everyone who participated a steam game, I hope everyone enjoys theirs! I'll add you on steam :) Thanks so much again, this was so much fun and I learned a heck of a lot, and good luck to everyone making more games in future!!!