Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What game engine are you going to use?

A topic by Brett Chalupa created Apr 09, 2023 Views: 405 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Host

With the jam approaching, do you know what game engine or library you’ll use?

I’m debating between using Pyxel, which I haven’t used much yet, or Godot, which I am more familiar with.

Pyxel seems like a lot of fun to use for a jam because of its constraints, preventing me from biting off more than I can chew. But there’s also a risk with using something I’m less familiar with. So I’m not sure yet. I’ll decide as the jam gets closer.

What are you thinking of using to make your game for the Pepper&Carrot Jam?

GODOT 

Probably Godot as it is the engine I am most familiar with but a chill vibes game jam like this might be a good opportunity to learn a new engine for fun!

(1 edit)

Hello there !

We'll try to do something with my duaghters, using Pyxel should be great !

EDIT : maybe we'll use pyglet, depends how I can manage to learn pyxel...

Host

Pyglet looks really neat! I’ve been enjoying using Pyxel lately. I think that’s what I’m going to use.

I just learned about this jam! The Pepper & Carrot Comics are great, so I had to join.^^
 I love point & click adventure games, so I will use an engine developed for exactly that: Visionaire Studio.
Oh dear, I hope I will find the time.

Host

Thanks for joining, sounds great! A point and click adventure set in the P&C world would be a blast.

Submitted

Godot.

I have decided to make a visual novel and Godot is good at UI, including scaling.

(1 edit)

I tried making a game on Carp language with my game framework and enjoyed the process, probably I’ll try again for this jam.

React, Redux, and Tabletop Simulator