Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

progress thread

A topic by peb created Nov 18, 2023 Views: 141 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

not sure if i'll have enough of a complete pack by deadline to submit, but wanted to post some progress from day 1 and maybe see what other ppl are up to?

day 1 i got:

- pc portrait (should take up entire gameboy screen)

- pc walk animation

- some random tiles

HostSubmitted

Good. The sphere reminded me video about power creep by extra credits

Submitted

yeah its a pretty generic design, im not sure at this point if the asset pack is going to include enemies at all or just the pc + some environment tiles

Submitted (2 edits)

That's a great portrait. Is it original? 

Using the 4 gameboy colors is harder than I thought. I don't really like the idea, but I worked on this - 

Submitted

thanks and thanks for sharing, doing a shmup pack actually is a cool idea, i havent thought of that

yeah its original, hand pixelled on 160x144px canvas, which i read should be the gb resolution (though i dont know if the gb was actually able to display an asset like this or if it would have to be split or something?)

mate the 4 colors are so weird, the two bright greens are way too close to each other. was it because of technical limitations that the brightest color couldnt be brighter? idk but it doesnt really work for highlights too well the way it is

Submitted

i made some corrections to the portrait, added a few more tiles and 4 directional movement for pc and decided to submit. idk if ill have time to do a lot more, might add some more tiles, but i think thats enough to enter the jam at least. cant wait to see what others make

HostSubmitted

Farm ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Submitted

what software do you use for tilework?

HostSubmitted

LibreSprite (can think Aseprite)

Submitted

thanks i didnt know about it, its cool its open source, ill try later. i mostly pixel on my phone but i want to get something for my pc too to work on tilesets specifically, since tilesetting on a phone is ughhhh

HostSubmitted

I don't have much imagination now...