Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share your progress Sticky

A topic by Penflower Ink created May 30, 2024 Views: 286 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 12
HostSubmitted

Here’s where we can all share updates on what we’re making and ask for feedback!

HostSubmitted(+1)

Since I've been working on a game for a while, I thought I would start :)

If you are subscribed to my newsletter via my Patreon you'll already know a lot of this: I'm working on a Stravagante-like game, but for a "adventures in outer space" theme rather than whimsical fantasy.
Ideally it could be used to play games inspired by things like Star Trek, Star Wars, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Flash Gordon, etc. I currently have a lot of prompts and roll tables for generating playable alien species, planets, locations, spaceships, alien cultural norms, alien artifacts and even weird space anomalies.

I have a good amount of the mechanics sorted, and at the moment I'm trying to decide on a name.
I'd like to maybe continue in the same vein as Stravagante and go for an Italian adjective: currently I'm thinking "Fuorimondo!" which means "out of this world".
I think it has a nice ring to it, and fits the theme, but I am also worried about how easy it would be for non-native Italian speakers to read/pronounce (the official correct pronunciation is something like "fwoh-ree-mon-doh".

What do people here think of the name Fuorimondo?

(+2)

Hello! I am working on a survival horror grindhouse-themed pointcrawl that's technically system agnostic, but after much debate I think building it in Passkey might be best. It's called Claw Finger, and it's inspired by games like Manhunt, Condemned, Silent Hill 1, and the upcoming Butcher's Creek, as well the movie In A Violent Nature, which i just got out of. It's a potential companion piece to a setting document i may or may not finish for another jam lol.

Your new game sounds cool! I like Fuorimondo! as a name. Keep the exclamation point. There's a lot of weird Italian sci fi out there, I reccomend the movies Star Odyssey (1979), Mission Stardust (1967) and Planet of the Vampires (1965, one of my favorites from Mario Bava). If you're going with a retro "space serial" vibe they may be of some interest to you.

HostSubmitted(+2)

Ooh, sounds cool - especially interesting as I am hoping to do a horror-themed Passkey game in the future, although perhaps more cosmic/eldritch inspired.

I like Fuorimondo, but I am still exploring different options as I am worried it may be confusing to pronounce for non-native Romance language speakers 😅

HostSubmitted(+2)

Another update: I have decided to go with the name "Fuorimondo!" and have begun typing the rules and roll tables for the game.
I also had a go at designing a title logo for the game, which I think is suitably bombastic and pulpy :)

Submitted(+2)

Currently working on an undersea exploration and bartering/trading game; I'm calling it Siren Silk, and I'm currently rewriting it since I have better ideas down. I think whatever I end up submitting to the jam will be more-so a proof of concept/beta thing. Main features I want in there right now are character creation, map creation (using hex-map layout), and a trading/bartering system.

I'm mostly rewriting it to get the specific things I want in done, and then I'll end up putting the proper mechanics (as in, the greater portion of the SRD) in the document. Hopefully when I get that done, if things go well, I can relax and format things properly for a properly designed document and work on art. I want to practice making logos and titling some, so this'll do well imo.

HostSubmitted(+1)

Sounds really cool! Thanks for joining in :D

Submitted(+2)

I’m working on solo procedures for Passkey games. The main text is written, next up: layout!

HostSubmitted(+1)

So exciting :D

HostSubmitted(+1)

I've been gradually getting through the illustrations and layout for Fuorimondo!.
I'll be sharing them, along with more news, in my next newsletter (available publicly and for free to all my Patreon members).

How is everyone else getting on? :)

Submitted(+1)

I'm figuring stuff out! My main focus is on the maps for right now, and I'm trying to figure out "biomes" for each zone of the sea for map making. For now, I have the shallow and abyssal zones done, but it's that middle one I'm figuring out still. I'm tempted to just make one table instead of three different tables, just to make it smaller if only for the demo/proof of concept.

(+1)

Unfortunately due to ongoing health issues i'm afraid i'll have to drop out of the passkey jam. It's just not looking like i'll be able to finish anything in my current state.

HostSubmitted(+1)

I hope you feel better soon! 

(+2)

Hello! I am currently working on a Castle Crashers based hack where the players all get to be knights from chromatic Sects of Knights. I feel the video game has a very interesting snapshot version of this fantasy world with a really nostalgic art style!

I am finishing some of the Trait lists, which are the biggest parts of how the system is built. Like Stravegante's kin system, you will build a knight by choosing a skill package (that determines your "class" and primary job in the castle) and your Knight Order (Like kin you pick one of the five, which will determine how people perceive your knight and their expectations and oath. Each Order will have a set of three traits, a magical trait, a social trait and a unique equipment trait. You can mix and match from each of the order's traits, but you are required to have atleast one from your own order)

If I have enough time I will also get a small glossary of example magic items. Not sure. I've been really busy. Art is a must, will atleast have the cover and hoping to really get one of each knight order.

It will use all the basic mechanics of Passkey, no real changes except adding a Burnt trait for interactions with a ice wall trait.

(+2)

The Current Raw Text Version (missing some extra list stuff like magic items and random quest tables)

HostSubmitted

Looks great so far! Thank you for joining :)

(1 edit) (+1)

I did some art and posted it on the doc! https://docs.google.com/document/d/10xAcL9BmpZkpyoJeYmbE31JN_QFBd6QgSxMYiOXqFAE/...

The next step will be getting out some example Gear and stuff to give out to the knights and do a detail breakdown of the intended play cycle. Maybe an example adventure since the extension may give me enough time!

Submitted

I wrote a game called "Origin: Robot Wars." It's very Mega Man-inspired. I want to return to it at some point to make a more fleshed-out version, but I'm happy with it being my first PassKey game.

HostSubmitted

huzzah! Thank you for joining in 😁