Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Shipkeeper - HauntedCrow Devlog

A topic by HauntedCrow created Mar 04, 2024 Views: 640 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 16
Submitted(+1)

Well, I've seen some fantastic devlogs here, so I might as well do one to show teasers of my game :p That being said. This would be my second game jam as solo. There is still a lot I have to learn about making a game, but it is so much fun to do it.

So, first of all, here is my git repo
https://github.com/luisartg/ShipKeeper

Game Concept:
https://github.com/luisartg/ShipKeeper/blob/main/GDD_ShipKeeper.md

And some testing of what i currently have

Today I'll be working on the basic attacks. Your Ol' reliable axe, and a fun, single barrel shotgun. 

I'll keep you all posted!

Submitted(+1)

Looks awesome! I love top down fighter games, so I can't wait to try out what you make.

Submitted

Thank you! I'm heavily inspired in Darkwood style <3 that is what I want to achieve <3

Submitted

Axe Attack

Submitted

Shotgun

Submitted

So today I was not able to work a lot on my game, many life tasks to do. However, I managed to search and collect various sound effects, and also create a little theme for the game. Check it out :p (It is short, but is meant to be used as a loop)
https://www.bandlab.com/post/be94b26e-81db-ee11-85f9-6045bd2e11f9

Submitted

All right! Just a quick Update: I got audio working, wooo! Now it feels much more immersive. At the end of the day I will update a video with the advances <3

Submitted

First teaser is here! Woo!

(+1)

wow that looks cool :)

Submitted

Thank you! Hopefully all the basic gameplay elements will be present at the end of the game jam >:3

Submitted

As a Shipkeeper, you need to clean the ship from all those pesky "pests". Also please: DO NOT try to pet the blob. We are already short in staff as it is 

- Government of Wichdum Island          

Submitted

Finally! We got combat my fellow shipkeepers

Submitted

Almost there! We got monsters, combat, map. Only a few things left!

Submitted

Two days left! Already finished things that you can interact with and a new additional monster that can chase you (since the blob can't move)

What is left?!
- A little of story, introduction to the gameplay

- Testing!

So tomorrow will be the last day for development, and the last day will only be used to refine stuff.

These fourteen days have been heavy, but I have learned so much, and I have gotten better at designing characters, things that the player can interact with, and explored a lot with particles. It has been a very awesome game jam.

Well, time to continue with that code writing, best of luck to everyone!

Submitted(+1)

This one is gonna be fun, i can tell. Cant wait for release 

Submitted

Thanks! I really hope the basic gameplay gameplay feels fun. There is still a lot of things that I feel this needs to be even an alpha. But lets see if i can get the interest of the players :3 By the way! I'm from Mexico too! Cheers! :v

Submitted

All right! Got the text overlay working. Time to rest!

Submitted

I'm finishing just in time! All this day I'm going to be working on the levels. Release will be done in the last hours! @.@ Best of luck to everyone!

Submitted

Already compiling everything for first release! Wooo!