On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is it fine if my game is just 7 minutes long?(also i finally finished it)

A topic by Mellohyu created Feb 20, 2021 Views: 264 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Ok so i created a parkour game for this jam but it's only 7 minutes long and not so great i do still have time till tommorow but am too tired to make any changes now. So should i just rest or work the whole night?

Submitted

Do whatever you wish, but the game being short is not an issue.

Since it's a game jam, people want to try out a lot of games, so it's no good when a game takes too long to finish.

Submitted

oh i see 

Thanks for the info

Um my game is like 30 second lmao

Submitted

Yeah time doesn't matter 

Rather short games are better coz people would complete it

Submitted

my game can be speedrunned in 10 seconds! :)

Submitted

ight then imma speedrun ur game hehe

Submitted

haha let's go!

Submitted

This is absolutely no problem my submission is just a bunch of animations with 40 seconds of gameplay so don't worry just dive right in, this is a jam not a competition

Submitted

Oh thanks for the kind words

Submitted

My game is 3-4 minutes. The length of the game is important. Shorter games will more likely be played due to how many games their are. You can have longer games but I don't recommend anything longer then 15 minutes. After the jam, you can always turn them into full games. Also a longer time is fine, and you don't want your game too short.

Submitted

i see so 7 minutes is rather a ok time not short and not long

Submitted

most people prefer shorter games on game jams. It’s always a pain when a game is too long since we’re trying to play a bunch of them. You did good!

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanx a lot for ur kind words :)

I will be sure to check out ur game and vote for it

Submitted

there is no problem if the game is short :)

Most people in a game jam usually prefer short games more because there are a lot of games to play and test out. It's all good :D

Submitted

hehe thanx

Submitted

Short, polished jam games are the best!