Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Reverse Branching

A topic by BlindseekersOath created Jul 26, 2023 Views: 171 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Can we take multiple game branches(from one game), then combine the concepts into one?: 

I doubt you’ll get an official answer as I’ve yet to see any official communication in any threads or on discord. It’s a really cool idea though.

Submitted

Yeah. It's just that our game, breakfast wars, is getting strangely successful, and I am going to look at all of the branches and pull inspiration from them

Submitted (1 edit)

For a side project maybe, but for the jam, I personally would stick with one path and continue them branching even further (I'm not a stickler for rules but I'm also pretty sure that was implied by saying "picking A game made by another dev" instead of "picking ANY gameS made by other devS")

Someone else has already done it to good results though, so my gut feeling is exceptions may be made, but impossible to know for sure how the hosts will feel

Submitted

You probably cannot. Because think of it this way: If you win, there will be 12 developers who won? How would it work? Those are all questions that I think make it easier to just stick to one path for this jam

Submitted

you can't work on a game you've worked on, it doesn't matter how many versions of it there are now, if your name is in the chain, you're done.

Submitted

I don't think that's what he's asking...

Submitted

I was asking if we can take multiple ideas and combine them into one, mega game. Where would the rights go? and, is that legal?