SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introducing our Winners - and thanking everyone! Sticky

A topic by Lam created Mar 31, 2023 Views: 260 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Host

Hello, hello!

After playing all your games and voting accordingly to our established criteria, we are happy to introduce our winners! But before we do that, Gameflip must thank everyone that joined our first Gameflip Game Jam! It was a blast for us over here and we took note of your feedback and are eager to improve on our next edition, hopefully later this year!

As explained before,  this is a new initiative to provide incentives to the indie dev community that is the general backbone of the game universe. While we had some issues and - unfortunately - had to remove some games from the Jam (you can read below who and why), the overall results were incredible for a first event of this kind. And now, without further ado, our winners!

• Parry boy-Alfa by N E K T A
  • Typo Type by ChillyField
  • Comet Outlaw by Uruca Game Studio

Congratulations! Each will receive $100 for winning the Game Jam! We would like for the winners to provide their Discord IDs below - or any other preferred method of online communication, so that we can provide the payment of your prizes! All creators are welcome to share their contact as well, as all games are considered for the revenue-share publishing deal.

The entries removed from the Game Jam were:

abad tower game (totally cool)Portal Ball: For not having a functional executable file. 

- Wild Hare Run: A Quest for Carrots: For providing a prank entry.

All other games received feedback and we hope all the best for each and everyone that joined this game jam. See you all at the next one!

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Thanks for the dispute, I loved participating in this jam, I didn't think I was going to win, my project was simple because during its creation there were problems that I had to solve, and since I did the project completely alone I couldn't leave it the way I wanted, the premio will help a lot, thank you very much.

Discord: Nekta#7948 . I hope it's not a problem because I'm Brazilian...

Email: 16yonn@gmail.com

Submitted(+2)

Well done to the winners. I'm had a lot of fun playing some of the submissions.

I'm very disappointed that my game was removed. I've since discovered my error in exporting the game, and have since uploaded a new version - one of the unexpected learning experiences of uploading your first game I suppose.

Obviously it's too late for the jam, but, if you'd still like to give my game a go, I would still very much appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Host

Hey Ror-2D!

I'm sorry that your game was disqualified, but I hope you do understand the reasoning behind it since the judges couldn't play your game at the time.

Regardless of that, I was able to get you some feedback:

Portal Ball has an interesting puzzle concept, but it would benefit from additional polish. The graphics are currently simplistic and use prefabs, and there's no sound. The game lacks a button to return to the menu, pause, or anything like it.

An initial stage that serves as a tutorial, explaining how the panels and portals work, would greatly enhance the overall experience. While the mechanics are easy to understand, new players may find them confusing. Additionally, a bar indicating the charge level of the jump and improvements to the ball's movement would be beneficial.

While the game is already challenging, disabling the portal after it opens upon hitting another surface may not be the best game design decision. However, this is ultimately up to the developer. Overall, Portal Ball is an intriguing puzzle game with plenty of potential for growth.

I hope that helps you on your developer journey! 

Submitted(+1)

Hi Lam,

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'll definitely take it on board as learning as I develop the game further. I found the part about the portal disabling particularly interesting - this was something that I had considered a key part of the design, but getting another person's more objective point of view will make me reconsider!

I really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me, it means a lot, especially at this stage of my journey. I look forward to the next jam!

Cheers!

Submitted(+2)

Thank you very much for this opportunity, guys! I wasn't even near the top 3, but I truly enjoyed being a part of this. I appreciate the feedback as well, as this was my first jam and Bocsi my first original videogame, and your comments will definitely be of great help in my journey as a developer. Take care!

Submitted(+2)

This Game Jam Was Fun! Now I will improve a lot for GameFlip Game Jam 2024

Submitted(+1)

woooow!! This GamJam was great!!! I have lots of fun! Thanks for this event and I can't wait for the next! \o/

My discord is plepletier#1906 and my e-mail is contact@urucagames.com 

Cheers!

Submitted(+1)

I tried to make an enjoyable game. Thanks to all fellow devs and Gameflip for this great opportunity. 

My email ID - varriorvishal@gmail.com

Submitted
Show post...

Thanks for the opportunity and all the devs for rating my game.

My email is zorexius@gmail.com

Submitted (2 edits)

Thanks for putting on the jam. Appreciate that you all took the time to provide some comments.

I enjoyed seeing the other entries and found some new devs to follow on Itch. Definitely learned a lot.

May I suggest for next year that you put a little blurb for each of the scoring categories in addition to the overall comment? I am still new to game jams and can't quite seem to work out how different jams determine things like adherence to theme or creativity. Feedback from professional devs is incredibly valuable, so the more the better.