SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Judging Period

A topic by Vellyne created 12 days ago Views: 705 Replies: 24
Viewing posts 1 to 24
Jam Judge

Hello all!

Mousey is interested in maybe closing the judging period earlier so she can play ALL THE GAMES this weekend (Sat/Sunday) instead of the following weekend. 

Would anyone be opposed to this change? It would mean losing more time to polish things up but Mousey wants to play all the games and not just the top 20.

Please let us know if you have any issue/feedback with this so we can make a decision in the next 24hr

Thank you!

Submitted

I am on favor of this proposal. No problemo in my case.

Submitted

No problem from me either.

Submitted (1 edit)

I guess my only issue with that is that i won't have enough time to rate every game, but I guess it's pretty ok.

I will have to speed up with replacing the legally ambiguous plushie, but I think I can handle that!

Submitted

Like olezha said, I am kind of worried about not having time to rate all the games, but if Mousey intends to play all of them on stream then I guess that is ok.

Submitted

Hold on, does that mean that any one of the games could end up in Mousey's top 5, that receive the prize? Like even if the game isn't in the top 20, it could end up getting the reward this way?

Just want to clarify this bit.

Submitted

Sounds great to me, especially having every game played instead of just top 20. I've only got a couple games left to rate anyway

Submitted

I'm for it, Hopefully I can finish rating the rest on the list before then, but I have no issues moving the schedule up.

Submitted (1 edit)

So by the sounds of things, mouse will play everyone's games submitted and will then just choose her top favorite for the prize? Will any of our ratings be taken into consideration since a lot of people still haven't rated? Though Honestly, the idea of no matter what all of the games will be getting played is amazing overall. 

Submitted

Hello! We are happy with this change. 

But, when do we make the update to our game so we don't get disqualified? Are we only allowed to upload the updated version to downloads, or do we have to upload the updated version to downloads and WebGL?

Submitted

Im fine with that! That means we all won :3 to be top 5 would be unimaginable for me anyway, even tho i Love our Game xD

Submitted

No complaints here, it鈥檇 be great to see it happen this weekend.

Submitted

No problem for us neither :)

Submitted

No problem from me 馃憤. It would be great to watch mouse play the games live since I think I am mostly free this weekend

Submitted

Ironically, I was going to rate all the games this weekend when I was off work. As long as I'm not penalized for not having any ratings done, I have no objections.

Submitted

Sounds good to me! I'm okay with this.

Submitted

sounds good to us!

Submitted

Sounds good.

Submitted

YOWZA, I'm good with that, I oughta get cracking on my ratings though and my updates though

Jam Judge

Given the majority seem to be ok with moving the schedule up, we'll aim closing judging Saturday night at 5pm EST so Mouse can play the games that night or Sunday.

As for questions on winners coming from outside top 20, I don't have an answer on that currently. But soon as I do I will answer here.

So for now, we can guarantee the top 20 will be played this weekend and winners will be chosen from them so continue to rate the games as you can!

Jam Judge

Edits/updates can be made to the games soon as judging is done until Mouse plays the games - aiming for Sunday

As for browser games, you can update the main game and don't have to upload a updated stand alone.

Jam Judge

The games will be able to be open to be updated once judging period closes with Mouse aiming to play them on Sunday.

As for browser games, those are fine to be updated without uploading a stand alone version

Submitted

I think this is a great idea! If possible, a ping on discord when she's about to begin would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jam Judge

No problem! We can do a @here ping in the Mouse Jam channel  in the Discord when it's game time.

Submitted

I'm glad I stayed up late watching the stream last night, was super surprised when mouse mentioned planning on playing them tomorrow and then I checked and saw I didn't see this post :P

I'll try to rate some more games but between that and emergency bug fixing I won't be able to rate many more but I will give them all a play at some point even if it's too late to rate them it's never to late to leave a comment