Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My first Game... What do you think about it?

A topic by Andrés Rodríguez created Jun 30, 2021 Views: 1,116 Replies: 37
Viewing posts 1 to 23
Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

I've been workin' on this project 3 days. It's not a lot, but i think that is good. I'm using Godot.

Everything you see there is mine. Art and Programming.

Submitted(+1)

Nice.

Submitted

Thanks!

(+1)

this looks amazing! love the art, especially the bird's idle animation!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you!

Submitted(+1)

I would say it’s a great start ye, good work on the art

Submitted

Thank you :D

Submitted(+1)

It looks really cute. I'll be keeping an eye on this^^

Submitted

It’s good to see that someone is interested on my results :’) Thanks!

Submitted(+1)

I really like the art!

Submitted

Thanks! :DD

Submitted(+1)

love the art

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks! I’ve practiced a little bit my Pixel Art Skills. B)

(1 edit) (+1)

and i'm still working on the movement code... great job though!

Submitted

Thanks! And don’t be desmotivated. Give time to time!

Submitted(+1)

Great job with the intro sequence!

Submitted

Thanks! I’ve worked hard on it. :D

Submitted(+1)

naruto run

Submitted (1 edit)

Hhahahah. lol. That’s true. You have just found one easter egg. ;)

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Day 4

Today, I’ve been working on one of the enemies. A caterpillar. I did its animations and some of its features. I’ll be adding the other features for it tomorrow. Uh, And Making this enemy was also important, because now, I have a template for the others that I’ll be adding.

And I also have been working on this page and on its art! (Page of the game here, in itch.io)

Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

Day 5-7

Hey There!

This days, I’ve been working with a lot of thinks. A this moment, I finished animating almost the most important things about the enemies.

I worked on the AI of the Caterpillar, so, if there’s more than one in the path, the’ll be able to change their direction to continue walking.

Also, I worked on their health, and death

I finished working on the other caterpillar, that’s gonna be an enemy that stays static, and can be used as a kind of platform. It respawns after a couple of second, so, if you fail the jump, you’re gonna be able to jump again.

Right now, I’m working on the second stage of the game, that’s gonna be at underground (Like Mario). Here you have some images (It’s still on development so things can change a lot)

Also, I finished the Spawn Points, that can be found while you are at the middle of a level.

And now, we are a team. I’m gonna work with the code, graphics and animation and Max & Isaak are working with sound effects and music. They are AMAZING at what they do.

Soon new updates. See u!

(+1)

Amazing job !

Submitted

Thank you! :D

Submitted(+1)

It’s coming along so well!! Keep up the good work

Submitted(+1)

Cool, this is really becoming an amazing little game :)

(+1)

awesome to see all the progress y'all are making! will definitely play this when the jam is over :D

Submitted(+1)

Looks really nice, especially the pixel art.

(+1)

Very cool

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hey!

The development of the game is almost finished. I won’t upload any photos ‘cause I want you to play it! As you know, the game will be free, and you will be able to download it at its Itch.io page, here. I’ll post here when it’s done. Wait for it!

Submitted(+1)

Good call not to show too much, can’t wait to try your game

Submitted (1 edit)

THE LITTLE BIRD | Now you can Donwload it!

Download the game here!

CREDITS:

ART, CODE & DESIGN: JustARegularBoy

MUSIC & SOUND FX: Isaak Boorstein Max Mabry

Submitted (2 edits)

Hi, I like your game so far.  Bird houses as checkpoints are a really nice touch. I am also glad that you did not make caterpillars respawn :).

Unfortunately, I have to report a bug that I have. When I first launched the first level the screen was black, the only thing that was appearing were the tooltips for movement. When I restarted the game, everything was fine until the 3rd level, everything was black again.
EDIT: I have installed latest divers for my graphics card and everything is fine now.

Submitted

Really?! Let me see. Thanks for the report!

Submitted

I wasn’t able to see that bug 2 minutes ago. :(

I’ll be waiting other reviews in case it happens to other users. Thank you so much for the report!

Submitted(+1)

Update: I have installed latest drivers for my graphics card and this bug went away :) I am currently at level 5.

Submitted(+1)

Uh! Perfect! Hope you like it!

Submitted(+1)

My thoughts after playing the game for longer:
I like the intro in the beginning that also serves as an explanation for why the bird doesn't simply fly over all the obstacles.
I like the graphics and audio. I especially like the particle effect on the death animation.
I like the mechanic of jumping off the enemies, the respawn time on them is perfect.

At some stages (after leaving the cave) the difficulty got a bit steep for me :D, I was hoping for a checkpoint after a long and difficult section but there wasn't one. Maybe an extra checkpoint here and there would be a good idea? I will retry with a controller next time and maybe I'll do better.

Submitted (2 edits)

Hey! Thank you so much for all your feedback, I really apreciate that someone is playing, and analyzing so deeply my game. I’ll write all the feedback that you gave me, and of course I’ll improve all those aspects on my next projects!