Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Unfinished pre-proto-protoypes that were never submissioned but you want to share

A topic by Simone_Cappelli created Apr 09, 2023 Views: 126 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+1)

I came with two other Ideas that hopefully I will submit for the next jam, but never became a functional prototype. I think it is the same for many others of you and maybe it could be fun and interesting to see them now that the submission period is over, just to share them.

This one should have been about a soviet pilot in a mig-29 Fulcrum fighting on the German front in the Late Col War if it went Hot. The postcard would be the actual cockpit, where you keep tracks of resources with dices. A deck of card would be used to present you with the threats and their "aspect", "strength" and behaviour for you to fight them. On the left and the right side of the postcard there would have been counters and maneuvre to perform that you put "in play". Unfortunately I didn't have the time to figure out the details and make it a running prototype

HostSubmitted(+1)

I love it, I have one as well and one too big for a postcard. There will be a Postcards from the Front 2024...100%

Submitted(+1)

Love the idea of "I'm in a tank/plane/whatever" games where it's more about managing your equipment and less about the map.

I have a few ideas lying around - I'd started a scifi tank commander one, but also started making a game where you have a bunch of units but can only directly control the ones within a set range of your hero/commander. The strategy would revolve mostly around choosing who your commander goes and collects during the course of the battle, as different units would have different abilities. It was going to be called BunFight.

But I ran out of time. Maybe next year!

Submitted(+1)

I had a similar idea I was working on to yours, Simone, although mine was mechs. It was going to be kind of a Battleship set up, where you cut the postcard in half and folded it up, so you each had a little cockpit dashboard set up, and was kind of a secret dice placement to allocate points to different systems.

I didn't come up with it until the last week of the jam and by then I didn't have time to mock anything up.

I like Bun Fight, Vijil! I am increasingly into the idea of command friction, and not being able to control your whole force at once.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

so many ideas, so little time... : ) 

any other jams are you aware of?