Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Does anyone else have this problem???

A topic by CasualGameDev created 67 days ago Views: 94 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Once again, half of the godot games just won't load for me and I have no clue why. It gets half way through the loading screen, and then my page freezes and takes forever to close. Does anyone why?

Submitted (1 edit)

Hello again :) I think you said last time that you were using Chrome, have you tried on another browser to check if it solves the issue?

Are you on mac or Windows? Because it seems to work fine on my Windows on most browsers, but I looked on the Internet and I've read that there is an issue on macOs when compiling Godot4 web games... 

Someone said they waited for 10+ minutes on firefox (mac) and then the game appeared so you can also try to wait for longer on firefox if the game finally compile.

I also saw someone saying that opening the game in a new tab fixed the issue.

Let us know if it does not work, maybe someone else knows a better solution :)

Submitted

yeah, I asked last time, but I think we came to the same solution unfortunately. I'm using macOS, so I think the newer ones just don't work.

Submitted

Yes I don't really see a solution unfortunately :/ you're condamned to play non-Godot games until this issue is fixed or people find a workaround ^^'

Submitted (1 edit)

I've noticed a lot of issues with HTML exports since switching to Godot 4. Just out of curiosity, does my submission load for you? I had to monkey with some settings to get Itch to load my game at all, so I'm wondering if those setting changes will resolve this issue too.

Never had to do this with Godot 3.

Submitted

yeah, yours works. It's just weird bc around 50% do and 50% don't. I think whatever you did solved it though(at least for yours)!

Submitted

I think it may just be that the SharedArrayBuffer setting needs to be enabled on the Itch page. PSA to Godot 4 users :')

Submitted

that would be nice if that was the problem! I thought it was just because I had a really old mac lol. Hopefully more people realize that.