SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Page pedant problems? Locked

A topic by zizazat created 36 days ago Views: 235 Replies: 9
This topic was locked by Dungeon Masterpiece - Baron de Ropp 24 days ago
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted
  • Format: Submissions must be in PDF format, 8 pages or less, on US Letter or A4 paper size.

'Front' and 'back' cover pages count as part of the 8 page limit? If one uses a full page art cover, that's 7 pages of text? Apologies if this is painfully obvious to the class :)

Submitted

I'm also curious about that. I usually illustrate my adventures but I don't think I will be able to sacrifice an entire page for a cover.

No, You two aren’t the only ones.

My first thought was 8 pages, which gives me 16 total, suitable for a cover and a back cover. With plenty of room for some maps and tables.

So, yeah, I’d love some clarification on this too.

Submitted(+1)

It feels totally reasonable to infer FRONT+BACK then 8 pages of A4/USL content.  But you know what they say about inferring...

Submitted

In the previous game jam, the cover was part of your page limit, because the cover can be used to add additional content which would put you over the 8 page limit.  The text on the jam says 8 pages or less. Must include your inspiration statement, so legal should be presumed necessary there as well.  Keeping in mind that the adventure The Hideous Halls of Mugdublub in Cursed Scrolls 1 clocked in at 16 pages A5 (or 8 pages A4) and is a 33-room dungeon, you should be able to include a cover & legal in the 8 page limit. 

Submitted

Apologies, is this an informed opinion or an authoritative statement? Being that I am having a pedantic problem, I would really like to be sure about the answer. I do appreciate the information, and it also infers to be reasonable. :) 

Submitted

It's been the response on Discord that Baron gave. I added the previous experience to it.

Submitted

Thanky :)

Submitted(+1)

This is from the official Arcane Library Discord channel for this game jam. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cover page or not, it’s part of the 8 total pages.

Host(+1)

Thank you! Hahah.

Host locked this topic