On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's the one thing you wish you had time for?

A topic by fabian velander created Jul 24, 2021 Views: 170 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

I finally submitted my finished game!

Now I'm gonna go to bed, wake up and start playing everyones submissions :))))) I'm excited!

So tell me, what would you do if you had just a little bit more time in this Jam?

Personally, I would have added some cutscenes probably, to tie the "story" together more clearly. But I also am pretty satisfied with the way things turned out for me.

Submitted(+2)

I had to scrap a grappling system and my sea monkeys :( 

They latched onto the outside of the ship and did damage over time, but the grapple script was causing physics issues and it didn't work well with how slow the weapon charges in the end

Submitted(+1)

besides vanity stuff like more assets, music, sounds, and so own...

three systems, the the nightmare that was cookin the game make me afraid of open the blueprint

the first is making so if there was more than 7 of a certain statue game over for you, thecnically i can, the problem is that i cant because the game didnt count when said statue was destroyed

the second is unlockable notes, with some flavortext about the ghost that haunts this place,  the guy that work before you, maybe a note about how the doctor was ready to end his day but saw a strange statue out of nowhere

third and definelly one that i wanna work is make the game winnable, and custonizable, like you play the shifts for a week, each night harder than the predecessor, and at the end you get your pay and leave or play a bonus 8 night with custom parameters, but rn the game is only survive as long as you can

Submitted(+1)

More variation in enemies.

Submitted(+1)

more scarry stuff

Submitted(+1)

I started super late unfortunately (only 1 day) :( theres a lot I would like to add but the one thing I would definitely like to add / change would to make the main monster a bit more scary. Very excited to check out everyones work!

Submitted(+1)

I would have liked to get more involved in the story itself - I ended up having to cut an entire segment from the end in order to meet the deadline, which was a crying shame. Additionally, I would have liked to add in some more complex resource management.

Submitted

I would have liked to get a full-on monster and a boss in. In terms of hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have changed the controls, either to be only 4-directions (for both the enemy and player) like old Zelda games, or to follow the mouse. I should also have increased the character's reach; he's really underpowered compared to the druids especially.