Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hold in there guys

A topic by BlindseekersOath created Jul 26, 2023 Views: 191 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted(+1)

Phew! This is my first game jam, and WHOA! Is it hard! It feels like I have been making games 24-7! I just want to say, you guys are amazing, and because of you, I was able to get answers to questions that the web could not provide. Thank you!

Submitted(+1)

This one is more difficult than the others defiantly, but you should have done some easier ones before this one. Anyways, you are doing great for your first game jam!

Submitted

You made it to day 3, that's more than I could say mate. Way to go!

Submitted

Thanks guys!

Submitted

Anything to help out!

Submitted

Third timer jammer here! Not gonna lie, it's hard as hell, but it's a lot of fun and i hope that you guys are having as much fun as i am having here!

Submitted

This is really fun! I think this is around my 6th game jam. Maybe 7th.

Submitted

Yes. I am definitely having tons of fun. This is going to end up helping me understand the industry so much more. And help me understand the pressure of game development under time limits. 

Submitted

First Jam here as well, it's definitely been an experience! 

Submitted

Yeah... doing all that I did in one day was very rewarding (I have one hell of a character controller now and learned a lot of coding to get my project together) but I ended up exhausting myself on day 1. I went from 5pm(ish) to 3am on day 1 and then when I woke up I worked without eating until like 3pm again. I wanted to do days 1 and 2 just as a first time test but I only had the energy for one.

I've never felt like an old man in my life before. xD

Submitted(+1)

:D Hey, I worked on your game, remember? I posted links to it in every topic I could think of. Hope someone picked it up!

Submitted

Yeah I remember and like I said elsewhere I'm super grateful!

I just also am far more tired than I was expecting

(+1)

First time jammer here as well, it's very tiring. Did a pretty shoddy job on this gravity based game where every mistake is permanent, feel free to pick it up for Day 3 and take it in any direction. You can find it here

(+1)

Im making suprisingly good progress for 2nd jam, though the games I work on will probably not make it. Youve made it this far tho congrats

Submitted(+1)

A bit cliché but first time too! And its definitely been a challenge considering I've only used unity (or any other engine) for 2 weeks. Wish the best for everyone!

Submitted

I'm sort of losing motivation, because I don't think anyone's going to pick up either of the projects I worked on so far

Hey, I don't have a lot of time for the jam today so I might not be able to do today at all, but I'll pick up one of yours if I have time

(+1)

As a 3rd time jammer, yeah this one seems especially tough. It's supposed to be for fun though and no one finds burn out fun. Remeber to take brakes or even skip days if you need to.

Submitted (1 edit)

Yeah or take a day to only do minor/surface stuff that's easy and fun, which also could help more projects survive to the endgame