Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Are you proud of what you made?

A topic by Rexx Thunder created Jun 02, 2023 Views: 316 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

The game jam was a great experience for me.  I'm really proud of what our team of 2 made.  How? do you feel about your game?  What issuesd did you have?  Did it turn out the way you expected?

Submitted

Here's my game by the way.  Rate Tropical Rush by Rexx Thunder for The GameDev.tv Game Jam 2023 - Free Course For All Submissions! - itch.io

Submitted

I'm proud of what I made. I also hate every bug I missed, I can't apologize enough for all the poorly implemented things I couldn't find a way to improve in time and I lament the things I wanted to add and didn't manage to. But I'm still proud of what I made! And I think every single person who submitted a game they made in ten days for this jam should be 100% proud of themselves for that alone! :)

Submitted

Just played it - GREAT game, i love racing games!   

Rate Mirror Mirror by repeatloader for The GameDev.tv Game Jam 2023 - Free Course For All Submissions! - itch.io

if your interested  :)

Submitted (2 edits)

I've never even made a game before this and finished my Scratch course (from GameDev.tv actually)  literally on the same day the jam started soooo yeah, I'm pretty proud of what I managed especially with how crazy my irl schedule was getting. I hit a lot of issues having to literally rewrite the core of the game 3 times to accommodate new features and dealing with bugs (when you make something fade out....you need to remember to make that effect go away for it to show up again....oops)

I actually plan to continue active development on the Scratch version for a while (and back port a few QOL and bug fixes to the gamejam edition such as photo-sensitivity settings to disable the flashing neon lights). Also thinking of using the free course being offered to get the Godot 4 course and remake the entire game into something that can be a full retail release one day.

A few ideas I've come up with:

* A full story with conspiracies, plot twists, and an underlying theme of what it is to be human. (I have a large part of this already written in my head - hazard of being a hobby writer lol)

* Extensive content OUTSIDE of the Longinus Unit (the tank) including stealth, combat (both small and large), several minor and major moral choices, and a few small metroidvania style segments.

* Lots of weapon and equipment options. Ideally they should all be roughly balanced allowing the player to choose what they want rather than feeling the need to choose a meta build (they will ALL be meta builds by end game)

* A branching narrative which won't be immediately apparent.

* 2.5D graphics using Blender to render the 3D models out as fully detailed sprites.

* A cat, and probably a dog. Yes, you will be able to pet them.

I'm legit super excited now that I see how the core of a game can be put together once you know the pieces. Before this jam, I never thought I'd actually be able to make a legit game.

(Edit: https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2023/rate/2090581 My game jam submission)

Submitted

Yes an No. I'm a perfectionist, as I suspect most of us are, and I wanted originally to do more. This is my third game jam and the first one where unexpected real world (life in 3D :) ) commitments stacked up. So I wanted the game to be more but I'm proud of my time management and ability to rescope so there's still a viable and playable game along the lines I wanted. From the previous jams I've tried to improve upon feedback and ratings in this one, so that remains to be seen. But I think also this is one of the beauties of game jams other than seeing what you can produce in a short time frame, you get to take the kernel of an idea and get feedback on if it is something viable you should keep working on after. There was also a side project in mine - in that I created my own tool to render 3D models out to 2D sprite sheets for animations. That makes things a lot easier for me in the future - so I'm probably more proud of the tool to be honest :)

Submitted

I wish I had more time during the week, but I am very proud, that I got so many done at the weekend. And that I already got so many heartwarming comments. Thank you for playing my game, that means a lot for me. ^^

Submitted(-1)

Cool game bro

Here's my game

https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2023/rate/2093240