Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's the Submission process?

A topic by Dethmunk created Feb 16, 2020 Views: 177 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (2 edits)

Hey there. @Adventuron. I'm almost at a point to submit my entry (not quite, but nearly). I've followed the instructions (from an email) and created a page on itch.io ready for releasing, but what happens if we hit the Submission button, that's not covered in the email I got. 

edit: And I don't want to press it to find out and it suddenly gets submitted before I'm ready. ;-)

(2 edits)

Well i did submit it. Selected which project (set with all these settings that were described). After submission i see "Awesome, projects has been submitedt". And i found information "Submissions will be available after the jam has ended". 

I can still edit my project and fix things when needed. It is just registered there in submissions i think.

EDIT: I found out that i can still access my submission from the project and there i can edit it, or remove the submission. So don't be affraid. it is not one time submission thing with closed access afterwards.

Host

I set up the jam so you can edit anytime before the jam or judging deadline. Judges will be judging on the version that is available when they visit the page, so there is still time for edits during the judging phase.

In a previous jam I was far more rigid about edits but I came to believe it wasn't fair for someone to not be able to fix a simple bug during the long judging period. So, you have a lot of flexibility.

Submitted

Tried to play your game. Upon this moment I thought that my game is hardcore. I've never been so wrong before. Maybe add some tips?

Submitted

Which game? If you're talking about TWO, there are coded hints at the bottom of this page. If you're still stuck and you get really desperate, you can see my map and solution at CASA.

Submitted

No, that was a reply to @Rigachupe. Submitted game.

Uh-oh, ok added a few hints on the devlog here : https://rigachupe.itch.io/doodley/devlog/125247/hints

I admit that the start is a little harsh with only 2 words limits. Hope this helps you to get out of the starting area and explore.

Submitted

Well. Duck sound then. Okay, will give it a try, thanks)

Submitted

Do we need to change our game visibility to Public before submitting it? I don't mind if people see it, but I've never done a jam before, so I don't know what the usual thing is.

My first time jam too and i did make it public from start. No big deal, nobody complains so far :D.

Submitted

You will have to change it to public at some point. I'm pretty sure you can submit it, then make it public, but I think it's better to play it safe and make it public, then submit it.