Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Please build your game for Linux (and Mac) as well!

A topic by heckert created Jun 04, 2021 Views: 290 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+2)(-1)

On Unity it's just as simple as switching the target platform from Windows to Linux and hitting the build button once more (provided you added the Linux build support to your installation), so the effort would be minimal.

After all, you would scold me on my entry if I just gave you a Linux build and left Windows users in the dark, so please do the same courtesy for users of other platforms as well.

Submitted(+1)

Oh sorry about that! I didn't know that was how to do it since there was a thing below asking what to build for (all platforms) Thanks for that and I'll update my submission with the linux (and mac) builds as well. First time :D.

Submitted

Good to know. Will bear this in mind in future for desktop builds! Thanks.

Submitted

Thanks for posting this, i'm a poor mac user, sad he can't play peoples games to :D.

Submitted

Just added Linux and Mac versions to Aurum Artificer this evening. :)

Submitted

if anyone on a Mac can open and play this Mac version please let me know. I'm struggling to open most Mac versions (but not all), and im not sure if it's my computer that's having issues with it.

Submitted

Let me know as well please. I don't have a Mac or Linux machine so I am taking these working as a leap of faith.

Submitted(+1)

I just added Linux and macOS builds as well... did it through Unity, I couldn't test them as I do not use these platforms. Thanks @heckert for the tip!

Submitted

Didn't know you could make Linux builds without being on Linux.

Submitted

Actually that's the whole point (one of them at least) of having a cross-platform environment. I can build for Windows and Mac on my Linux machine (and if Unity got their code straightened out I should be able to do WebGL builds a as well). And on Windows one can do Mac, Linux, and WebGL builds.

(Not to mention Android/iOS, and all the other platforms you may require a paid version for...)

Submitted

Yeah I thought it was just for Unity itself, and not the building process too. Useful that it's the building process too. :)

Submitted(+1)

Done and done (didn't test the build for mac though...)