Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are your goals for the jam?

A topic by Too Much Tomato created Mar 27, 2023 Views: 281 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 9
(+2)

I'm so excited for the return of this jam! In 2021, it helped me bring my game TENDY: Robot Gardener (then called 9xInfinity) from rough prototype to a Vertical Slice that people could actually play. Participating in Marathon Jam restarted the momentum on the project that carried me all the way to a Steam release in May 2022!

My Goals

I'll be entering with my in-progress game FORKLIFT FLOWERPOT this year, aiming to polish the UX of my already existing demo. Some areas are currently a bit rough and I'd like to address that. I also might set myself a goal for recording & posting on social media (TikTok, Twitter, YouTube). I know it sounds weird, but a huge part of making a commercial game is shouting about it online, and I don't have a marketing team or publisher to do that for me.

So - what are your goals for the jam?

HostSubmitted(+2)

I'll be refactoring most of the code from my original game to make an open-source version.

I'd also like to work a little more on marketing for my steam release :D

Submitted(+1)

Joined today, to say it's late... will probably mess with some Godot mesh generation that I had to look at for work and do something that's more a novelty random vibe than an actual game (expecially cause I have no clue how little time I'll have to do that)

Submitted(+2)

I want to make adventure game end in 1 month. Because when I made game It took  3-6 months to make a game, at most 2 years.

I look forward to seeing your adventure game on April 30th! You got this!

(+2)

Joined today ! I did not start working on any big game as of now, but after spending years doing little experiments, I feel ready to start a somewhat big project. As I love Roguelite games, I will try to create one in my own style using the Construct 3 engine.
I would like to have a fun, playable beta by the end of the month. I sure know it won't be polished but it sure will motivate me to work every day.

That sounds awesome! I look forward to dying in your Roguelite at the end of the jam :)

Submitted

I'd like to work on game I started in one of the game jams. Had many ideas and I even implemented some of them but a lost was still left to do.
Would be cool if I also get some feedback :)
game so far: https://bryengx.itch.io/bowling-defense

Submitted

work work

Submitted

I'm just trying to make more significant progress on my hobby project that I've been working on for a few months:
https://oarcinae.itch.io/oarcs-space-program

If you like Kerbal Space Program (or any space flying / orbital sim games) give it a go!

Submitted (1 edit)

Im entering a demo game in which you can playtest some bosses I made for the final game! Ill be trying to update regularly but i have to keep in mind that the main project is more important!😁