Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

WIP Screenshots

A topic by Alex ☕🇨🇦 created May 20, 2024 Views: 684 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 18
Submitted(+6)

Hope everyone’s first weekend of jamming went well. Thought I’d start a thread to see how everyone’s games are progressing!

A snowy landscape portrayed via hexagons

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+5)

Submitted(+6)

Was inspired by Balatro, so I'm trying my hand at a slot machine game with some player progression. Basic game is down, now it's time to add JUCIE!

Stols

A slots game with a twist!
Submitted(+6)

A juggler game. I'm still working on the physics code. I intend to upgrade the placeholder graphics with sprites during the  weekend.

Submitted(+7)

I was going for an Ultima vibe but I don't think I succeeded. I was very lazy with the world generation code and it shows.

(+6)

Have a couple of following characters. My initial approach didn't look too smooth so had to replay a bit of Chrono Trigger to remember how it handled followers.

Submitted(+7)

It took me some time to establish a workflow for level editing, improve my game framework EON, and work around some bugs in Raylib itself as well as the limitations in its model animation support. The code is currently still piled up in one file, but the functionality just works.

Amazing!

Submitted(+6)

My first game ever. Written in Clojure(Script), using Quil. It is "create your own maze before travelling through it".

I'm almost done and might publish it today. (And no, I didn't say that at least 7 times in the last 2 days, shut up!)

Submitted(+6)

Working in fennel + love2d
Spent the first 2 days of the jam implementing most of the How to Love tutorial book by sheepollution in fennel
Spent the past 2 days implementing the pseudo-3d spherical board, plus some basic player controls and enemy behavior
Hoping we reduced down the concept to something small enough where we will have ample time to make it pretty and fun to play

Submitted(+2)

I’m also working in Love2D/fennel! So excited to see how you implemented the pseudo 3D, looks good!

Submitted
Deleted 127 days ago
Submitted(+3)
Off to an OK start with ClojureScript and Reagent. Doesn't look like much yet but I'm hoping that I can punt styling until the very end of the jam and lean on my existing CSS knowledge to make up ground lost to my nonexistent Clojure and Reagent knowledge. That's the hope at least!

Submitted(+9)

I'm trying to make an isometric minigolf sort of game! had some trouble getting the physics and rendering to work but I'm getting there!

using love2d + fennel

Submitted(+4)

I develop mine for the editor/development environment of my own making, called GRASP.

GRASP can be run in windowing environments (via JVM's AWT), terminal (via Lanterna) and Android.
The above screenshot is from the AWT version. The one on Android should work as well, but the terminal is malfunctioning for some reason.

Anyway, the final version of the game will probably be available for Android only, because it's the only system that offers text to speech and speech to text services without a fuss. (I know that google is evil, but I'm making this game mainly for my 5yo to teach her alphabet),
Submitted(+2)

Many

different

sword

Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+7)

It’s the Tower Institute of Linguistics!

build higher! work together to meet the needs of your community! defy god!

(going back to tic-80 for this one)

Submitted(+3)

I'm making a puzzle game about assigning rules to colors. No puzzles yet, but all the basic functionality is in place.

I'm using s7 Scheme with Raylib, where the Raylib bindings are auto-generated using a Scheme script that emits C code.

Submitted(+2)

WIP on this like psuedo fruit-ninja rune-matching.
Basically you string up runes that come flying in, and then you can click on certain combinations for points or additional lives.
Developing using Clojure squint, so it's feeling much more javascripty, but still lispy enough. I imagine it feels more like what Common Lisp would feel like instead of Clojure since I'm using mutability everywhere.

Jam HostSubmitted

Cool! Maybe this will be good practice for me to learn my hanzi.

Submitted(+3)

Patent-expired children's toy block frenzy...

Submitted

I guess the endoplasmic reticulum is the street of the microbe. The theory is to draw inspired by the prompt. This one was by https://itch.io/profile/relentlessandimpenetrable .

The mechanism is our interpretation of the historical logos turtle drawing.