Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam to Full paid game

A topic by nolootingbox created May 25, 2022 Views: 405 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

I wonder if, after the JAM, the game can be developed into a complete game and maybe be paid on steam. I guess there should be no issues but I want to make sure.

I recently had a general idea for a game. When I saw the game jam theme, it was a fit so decided to join and program a few levels and to be motivated about it, art is bad (since I am terrible at it). I think it is fun, interesting and maybe something that can be a paid game.

Any ideas?

Jam Host(+3)

People do this all the time. Some even become award-winning games. For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inscryption

Submitted

That is something I bet we all way to achieve!!!

I don't know for sure, but you should be able to. I haven't done a ton of jams before, but the ones I have don't have any ownership over your game. Most I've seen is them just requiring you to keep it on itch for free until the jam and rating periods are over.

Looking at the main page for this, I don't see anything talking about this; no link to any additional rules or terms or anything.

Submitted(+1)

Thanks. It should be like that, as you mentioned there are no rules against it.

Submitted

I think a lot of great game play mechanics can be developed in a game jam. This type of underling work can be more then a enough to catapult a game into a paid game. Honesty, with enough continued effort many games could make the transition. Selfish plug incoming, here is what I have submitted to the jam...

Please leave feedback as this is my first Jam and my most polished game so far.  https://docdoc116.itch.io/afterlife-keys

Submitted(+1)

I can actually relate to this. I actually got very inspired by the theme and I am planning on continuing development once the game jam is finished. To be honest I do not even know if I will be able to finish even the most basic version :O 

Deleted post
Submitted (1 edit)

I feel the same way. I made a deck builder game about being a god that has to ascend by creating stars and planets to foster civilizations that you have to devour to ascend. I think it may have some real bone and even could be made physically. I had to submit early do to life issues. It plays but is missing the breadth of cards and some of the card drawing rules. Hopefully, enough comes through. So maybe both of us will have a post jam version we can be proud of. Good luck to you!