Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What tools are you planning to use in this game jam?

A topic by Dexint created Aug 14, 2020 Views: 700 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 15

Looking foward for a Game Jam to use Godot since the Ludum Dare 46 but with the quarentine and all the controversy in my country I was feeling too mentally exhausted for doing any of that. I hope this game jam become a turn in my situation ^^

Anyway, about the topic: I'm using Godot as game engine, Krita for graphics, Audacity for sound effects, OBS Studio for screen record and probably one or two more tools, all in my old notebook with Manjaro on it. ILooking foward for Web and Linux build so I can try your games without Wine c: 

How about you? Whats tools and OS are you using in this jam?

I'm learning godot for the engine (yeah, learning, i'm not sure if i should count that time inside the 48 hours, but imma play in hardcore mode anyway lol), if i mess with the sprites i'll use paint.net or inkscape and I'm going to use Waveform 11 and most likely VCV Rack for audio

In my first game jam I learned to use Unity as I was making the game and it turns out "okay" (no polish at all but all the mechanics worked without noticeable bugs). This event will be my first time using Godot, I already read and watched a bunch of stuff about it but never made a game, so I will be learning in the event ^^ Considering that food and sleep time will not count in the 48h probably would be ok (and seems fair to me) to count in the learning time after the event begins

Submitted(+1)

Apart of Krita I use the same! My fav for graphics is Corel Studio. It's not that great, but after 18 years I'm too used to the interface. I'm using Google Sheets for Game Design Document - but only during jams. Usually I prefer wiki from bitbucket. 

Submitted

im using my laptop with ubuntu. Godot for the engine, lmms and audacity for audio. Usually I use pixelorama to make art, but since that isnt gonna happen this time, i will probably use gimp to cut up any spritesheets.

Submitted

Nice to see I'm not the only Godot + LMMS + Gimp dev here! =)

Submitted(+2)

This is my first game jam, so I don't really know all of the different software I'm comfortable with yet, but I'll be using these:

Game Engine - Unity
Sprite work/animations - Aesprite
Sound effects - Sfxr
Music - Bosca Ceoil
Audio Editing - Audacity
Video Recording - Streamlabs OBS
Planning/Brainstorming - Google Docs

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Godot

Graphics: Aseprite, Pyxel Edit (As necessary, since graphics are provided)
SFX: Bfxr, maybe lmms(I have it but have never played with it in depth)
Music: Beepbox, maybe Bosca Ceoil
Audio Editing: Audacity
Video Recording: OBS
Planning: Good ole pen and paper.

I'm new to development, so I'm very curious what everyone uses as well.  Especially for design docs for larger projects(I like pen/paper for jams).

Submitted

I'll be using godot, bosca ceoil, and graphics gale / clip studio paint! 

I'll use Godot, Bosca Ceoil and LibreSprite

Construct 3, Paint.Net, Tiled

1. GDevelop 5
  2. Procreate
  3. Bosca Coeil

That's all :P :P :P Good luck yall

Submitted

My Typical Tools are:
==================
Engine: Godot
Art: Inkscape/Gimp/Paint.net/Laigter
Audio: LMMS/Audacity
VFX: Effekseer
Planning: Pencil (the software)/pencil (the writing utensil)/LibreOffice/whiteboards/paper
Databases: CastleDB

Submitted

I'm probably going with my usual:

• game engine - Godot
  • sprite editing - Aseprite
  • sfx - Bfxr
  • music - search online
Submitted

I used this as an opportunity to learn Godot. I'm quite impressed with how great it was to use. 

Submitted

I'm writing in hilariously low level rust because why not poke around in pixel buffers on a 48 hour deadline. I'm using Quicksilver for cross platform windowing/input stuff and Tiled for map editing. Probably won't bother with sound on this one.

Submitted

Used Godot and Gimp (and emacs to hack together a lobby server for multiplayer).

Second game and second project with Godot. Other than some hiccups with resources that didn't export as expected I'm quite happy with how the engine handles things. Starting to get comfortable with it.