Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hello! Sticky

A topic by javidx9 created Mar 25, 2020 Views: 2,507 Replies: 41
Viewing posts 1 to 47
Host(+4)

Thanks for thinking about taking part! So what tech/engines/platforms are people thinking about using?

I'm a beginner and I'm thinking of using Unity and two or three assets I've already got from the store to participate

Well, depending on the complexity of the theme: either the olc::PGE with c++ or just good ol' psp C.

Submitted

I'm going to use c++ & sfml because I spent a lot of time with them. I have already started to write basic engine for my future game

Submitted

2d rendering context of browsers, I haven't thought about it, will look into it after the announcement of the Title!!

(+1)

I'll try C++ SDL2 this time :^)

I think it depends entirely on what the theme is and what ideas I can come up with.

Submitted(+3)

Going to write a Game Boy ROM in assembly

Submitted(+1)

It's gonna be pixel game engine, cause I really need to learn opengl.  Gonna try to keep it simple. I'm hoping this jam will convince me to complete a game, rather than just getting side tracked with things like numerical damping. 

Submitted

PGE, of course! I love the challenge of a simpler engine that doesn't do as much for you.

Submitted

I think I am either going to use PyGame or maybe my port of PGE for python (That is if I get it done before the JAM)

Depending on what the theme ends up being I might even use a CPU emulator I made a while ago and write the game in that. (Its in python and uses pygame to visualize a screen / ports)

(+1)

UE4 here. Kind of goes against the DIY ethos of OLC but what the hey.

(+1)

Probably Processing 3 or my own graphics engine made in java, if i get it in a usable state in time

(1 edit)

hello, new gamedev here , interestingly , my name is Javid .

And probably gonna use rust with piston.

(+1)

hoping to have the time for this. Will probably use p5.js or plain js depening on the theme!

Submitted(+2)

Hello everyone. I've just joined Itch.io. I'll be using AppGameKit Studio for this jam.

I've been programming on and off for years but never finished anything. Setting myself up for failure. Yay! :D

(+2)

hope i will find the time with 2 kids at home. but i really want to try one of the olc:engines since i've never coded with c++ before and try to keep it super simple.

I only know javascript so far but have been dabbling a bit with C#..
so I guess I'll be using javascript. I'll try to incorporate my photoshop experience into this project more than past projects.
I'm still really inexperienced  (started learning in July) and have only made a solitare and asteroids game, so I'm looking forward to learning something new.
I've never done a game jam before and I hope the community experience is better than just plunkin away by myself.
I also have a 3 year old and a 2 month old, and kids will probably take away from my coding time, so altogether my project prolly isn't gonna be nearly as good as some of you guys' haha.

Probably the piston engine in Rust, because I like the language. 

Ill use c++/sfml since Ive had experience with it

Probably going to go with olc::PGE. hopefully I can get a modest but whole game out of this! 

(1 edit)

i've got a lot of free time and not much to do with it so i'm trying out a new framework called ggez in Rust

first ever game jam too woohoo :p

(1 edit)

I'll be using my engine I've made with over the past few months (C++ /OpengGL/GLFW). Great opportunity to see where improvement is needed! 

I will use UE4 because I Just started learning and it will be a great motivation

My first jam! I'm gonna use unity and maybe some assets because it sounds simple enough.. hope I can finish

Depending on the theme i will be using Unity or Unreal Engine. If its something special i will be using a custom engine.

Submitted

always wanted to learn c++, raylib sounds pretty cool, I might try it.

Submitted

SFML and C++, just cause i know them well and library is pretty straightforward.

Submitted

I'm running with Game Maker Studio 2

Submitted (1 edit)

C++ no external libraries. Only Windows and std.

I'm either gonna play about with PyGame, or with the JS HTML DOM and canvas.

C++ with SFML. Started using SFML only recently.

I will use Monogame / Xna Framework (C# ).

Submitted

Probably c++, as it is the language i am most profitient at, and sfml for the graphics.

Submitted(+1)

I'm using my kernel I wrote, it has just enough components to handle a game

(+1)

Scientific programmer here. All I know is Matlab...

Submitted

I use the Godot game engine.

Submitted

olc::PixelGameEngine of course. Its all that I could ever need. Opengl without me doing the gl.

Im good at making and compiling flash!

This will be my first ever project with C.  I'm going to keep it very simple, probably text-based.

Here goes nothing!

Submitted

I'm gonna use PICO-8