Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What types of games do people think they'll be making / what will you be focusing on?

A topic by PurpleHatsOnCats created 61 days ago Views: 349 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Submitted(+3)

I'm thinking I'll have a very small scale for my game just to make sure I can actually finish it. Probably something that focuses on one core mechanic than content, i.e. an endless game or a rogue-like.

Host(+4)

Keeping the scope small is a smart plan!  You can always expand the game if you finish early

(+2)

Over-scoping is one of the biggest issues when doing any jam, it's best to start small and add stuff if you have time, just like grazer said.

(+2)

i think people are either gonna go really big or really small- for me? i'm gonna do something small-scale.

Submitted(+1)

I am honestly too busy with my current project to devote much time to this jam, so we'll probably just make either a very tiny submission or a joke project. Regardless, I'm looking forward to trying the games after the jam, it's always my favorite part :)

(2 edits) (+2)

I feel like making a dungeon platformer game but due to my plan being free there's only 5 lvls then the game ends on 5th lvl so more like 4 I will focus on making the player (obviously default (I will credit character made if I do in the desc) but make custom monsters. Builds I ain't too concerned of (but when trying to make it on itch.io I end up getting confused on how it works)).

Submitted(+2)

Not sure what we'll be doing this time around, I am busy with stuff this summer but hopefully I'll have all the time needed!

Submitted(+2)

I'll be making something small too- hopefully this time I can do better on the art side

Submitted(+2)

I'm gonna try to make a boss rush game, sort of what I did last year. Except this time it's a fast paced top-down shooter 

Submitted

DUO/Red inferno moment (jk)

Submitted

i switched to metroidvania anyway lmao

(+1)(-2)

I will rizzfully downsize again, this time going for a few awesome things instead of many

Submitted(+4)

I've got a few ideas knocking around in my brain and will decide once the theme drops. I only have time for something small and simple. Maybe something super-blocky atari style. 

Do we get the theme early this year or do we find out tomorrow at noon?

Host(+1)

The theme will drop when the jam starts :D

Submitted

im keeping my game small so that I can focus on polish