Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Remember, its not about winning

A topic by The Symphonic Squirrel created 48 days ago Views: 1,223 Replies: 53
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Submitted (2 edits) (+6)

Something great about this jam is that it is not about winning. It is about sharing your musical talents with other like minded people and having the opportunity to  create and compose a project, basically trying to finish a goal that you set.  Its about the community that is here and the support that we all give to everyone. 

Cheers! This was a great jam.

Thanks to all for listening and giving feedback. 

Here is my submission 

https://itch.io/jam/ost-composing-jam-7/rate/2839966

(+1)(-22)

it is about wining for me. if im not in the top 20 im deleting my submission.

Submitted(+2)

Good! Try and win. Top 20 is still a goal, a great goal in fact! Good luck~

Submitted(+3)

someone's salty.

Submitted(+2)

Hehe XD

(-14)

shut your mouth at least im trying to get some value from my worthless music

Submitted(+4)

my lips are sealed lil' bro

Submitted(+3)

Very good! I do hope that yours gets more notice. It was good!

Submitted(+3)

Submitted

димасик ты чего такой злой

Submitted(+2)

But if I don't get top 20 how will I let the guest judges know that I love my husband

Submitted(+6)

that's a better reason than that other guy's

(1 edit) (-9)

SHUT UP

Submitted(+5)

cry about it lil' bro

(1 edit) (+1)(-10)

[this user has been banned]

Submitted(+1)

I will have to kindly refuse your offer. Jesus loves you!

Submitted(+1)

Let's goo Sigma Male, GigaMewingGod

Submitted

Amen, brotha!

Submitted(+1)

Amen, brother!

Submitted (1 edit)

OST CHRISTposting jam

Submitted(+1)

If I win I buy a chocolate, if I lose I buy a chocolate, if I buy a chocolate then that means I won or lost, to know if I won or lost I will have to consult with the chocolate, the chocolate knows the truth, but it doesn't tell me. He wants to say it because if he tells me the world explodes.

Help I don't know what I wrote

Submitted

what are you on, bro?

Submitted

He is guided by the will of the Greater Chocolate. Let him speak

Submitted

The GREATER CHOCOLATE!

Submitted

I was a fool when I posted this. But now I am enlightened

Submitted

No matter the outcome I will probably eated your chocolate. I apologize in advance, I predict it may have been extremely tempting and yummy

Submitted

In hindsight it occurs to me that I was quite foolish indeed to judge you for seeking the wise council of chocolate. I humbly ask that whatever the outcome, I may have a piece

Submitted

everyone will have a piece of chocolate :D

Submitted

HOORAY!!!

Submitted

you won't know until you -digest-

Submitted (1 edit)

for it is written: what you find in one wrapper, you will not find in another

#ChildrenOfDune

Submitted(+2)

real! very glad i got to hear so many fantastic compositions, that’s been the best part of this for me. such a friendly community too :] i’m not particularly pressed either way, if our team gets into the top 20, that’s great! if not, that’s okay too, there’s always next time. :D will be checking out your entry!

Submitted

So right there! Yeah, I have heard so many great compositions and felt the awesome and friendliness of the community. I never thought it would be.

Submitted(+1)

This jam has sparked some old passion in music creation for me, I was on a bit of a long break before picking composing up again. It was a lot of fun to compose for this, and now it is a lot of fun to view everyone's ideas! I feel like I have learned some new skills too. I love hearing all the songs, ideas, genres, even seeing the chosen cover art of everyone. I want to listen to as many as I can haha

Submitted(+1)

Same here! That is great you have gotten back into composing again. It is always good to take a long break. I have come across so many good entrees with music and cover art. I also had a blast making the music for this jam. Hope you passion continues! 

Submitted

Agreed! It's very humbling to be around so many people that are way above my level. I have a new surge of motivation running through me to get better at mixing and to find a way to increase my income to upgrade my sound libraries. 

Submitted

bruh you got income? Where you making the cash from?

Submitted

barely making any out here in poor @ss Japan.  Lol

Submitted

LOL

Submitted

Real, this jam gave me so much more knowledge in those areas AND I have more stuff to show to people for my demo reel/commissions/freelance work? I see this as an absolute win!

Submitted

Absolutely right! 

Submitted

If i don't get top 20, hmmm, idc, there are still a lot of cool and talented guys here, including me :3

Submitted

Ditto. Everyone here is pretty cool and talented!

Submitted(+1)

I doubt I'll get close to top 100, but so far I've enjoyed making my ost and listening to everyone else's! Everyone here is really supportive and I'm just glad I got to be a part of it :).

Submitted

Me either. But it was fun either way! And the chance for other people to hear my music was just awesome! Indeed, everyone has been super supportive which I did not quite expect! 

Submitted

Okay but if I’m not in the top 20 I won’t be in the top 20!

but fr I did this jam to force myself to learn to make quality music quickly in a DAW and get myself out of one of the biggest creative ruts of my life. And it did just that for me. I’m happy with that no matter what the result :3

Submitted

Agreed! Same! I hope that you get out of your rut! This Jam defiantly was a great way to sour you on. 

Submitted

Yeah although if it is about winning i can say "I'm here to win And if i don't I'll Be funnier When People make fun of me for losing"

Submitted

Wow! Yes, love this.

Submitted

this is so true! 
honestly, if i don't make it into the top 20, that's alright - i've already gotten so much incredible feedback from so many incredible artists. and honestly, feedback is a big part of why i joined this jam. besides, if a couple people thought my compositions were good and a couple people didn't, i'm totally fine with that. i'm just thankful i allowed myself to get creative and share my work without limit.

everybody's been so friendly and i'm so thankful i discovered this jam, major shoutout to all the ppl leaving comments on Every submission, they're frl doing the lord's work

Submitted(+1)

Amen! That is the same reason why I had entered as well. I have had such great feedback and insight into my music. Also, it has given me a great chance to check out others and see how they make their songs. All round great opportunity.

Submitted

Hey! If I don't get into the top 20, then I...

...thet I will continue to study music theory, practice all possible musical (and just gaming) jams, practice creating my own personal music, listen to a huge number of different genres and composers to broaden my horizons...

And if I get into the top 20 then I ... ... just enjoy a couple of hours. I'll eat a piece of cake and then I'll do the same scenario that I would have done if I hadn't been in the top 20...

Submitted

BEST RESPONSE?!

Submitted

What the... I don't even want to get into this