Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Creator Introductions

A topic by Brite Palette created 59 days ago Views: 791 Replies: 44
Viewing posts 1 to 42
Submitted(+2)

Hello everyone, the Jam starts in exactly a week. 

Let's introduce ourselves on Itch.io- 

1. Your name
  2.  Favorite kind of ttrpgs, system to play, or current fave game
  3. Is the your first time competing in the Jam? 
  4. What do you hope to accomplish or how to you hope to challenge yourself during the jam? 

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

I'll begin- 

1. I'm Brite Palette, an artist and game maker.
  2. I love game design as a hobby, a fan of PbtA, and I adore the aesthetic of the Bluebeard games. 
  3. This will be my first time competing but I'm pretty confident. 
  4. I want to challenge myself to make something in a brochure format this time around. Wish me luck!
(+3)

Thank you for making this thread 馃グ

1. Name's Maxi, also known as M. Kirin. My pronouns are they/them!
  2. I love solo ttrpgs~
  3. This is my second time! Last year I made One Page Left 馃敧馃└
  4. I'm here for the fun! I have a cute idea for a game and I can't wait to get to work on it~
(1 edit) (+2)

So excited for this.

1. I'm Chandler, a writer, storyteller, and now game designer!

2. Fantasy will always hold a special place in my heart. I got my start with DnD, but I've been inspired to make my own games by Wildsea, Numenera, Shadowrun, Blades in the Dark and many others.

3. This is my first time competing in the jam! I have two major ideas I plan to create and submit.

4. My hope is to create games that are fun! I want them to be thematically focused, and full of flavor. If they have some unique and interesting mechanics, that's a bonus. My biggest challenge will be keeping the word count low 馃槅 and making some decent art to represent the game.

(1 edit) (+2)

1. I'm OrestisV, hey everyone!

2. World of Dungeons is my current obsession, ever since I realised that it was created by John Harper and  Chris McDowell, of Blades in the Dark and Into the Odd fame respectively. Will definitely be a major inspiration for this jam.

3. Submitted Arch\Nemesis to the 2022 Jam, had a blast making it.

4. Get things out of my head and out into the world...

(+2)

1. My name is Misha!

2. My game group is currently deep in the Cypher system, but I also love solo games

3. Nope! Last year I submitted Space Ranger and The Great Goblin Gambit

4. I tend to write solo games for 1-page jams, so I鈥檓 aiming to make a satisfying multiplayer game. I鈥檓 also working on upping my design and layout skills.

(+3)

Both of your references games look great! I can't wait to see what you do this year!

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

my name is Jason

I don鈥檛 do much with TTRPGs but I enjoy the design behind them and I have been doing more investigating I to Solo RPGs

this is my first time in this jam, although I have made one other one page RPG, called Kobold Krew.

I hope to make a mini-zine format RPG that will probably be a hack of Tunnel Goons. I have a bunch of ideas but not sure which to go with this time.

(+3)

Kobold Krew is a great little hack for Tunnel Goons! Adds a lot to the space, while still maintaining the feel.

Submitted(+2)

thanks. It was my first foray into TTRPG, and tunnel goons made it very easy.

Submitted(+2)

1. My name is Tom Flynn!

2. I've played a lot of the pass around favourites like D&D and Blades in the Dark, as well as Wanderhome and a few other common indie darlings. What's had me most excited have been the playtests and design journeys for Dagger heart and the MCDM RPG. Iterative design leading to creative solutions is my favourite.

3. This is my first time in the Jam, but I submitted DeliverAnts to r/onepagerpgs a few days ago. 

4. My goal is to take the inspiration for the game and find a way for the mechanics to tell that story as holistically as possible. Deliverants used lots of d4s to emulated Ants working together, and I want to see if I can manage to do that again AND make an even better concept.

(+2)
  1. I'm Hannah :3 I'm a game designer and developer.
  2.  I play dnd regularly but I'm in love with Dolmenwood lore and want to play in some horror games.
  3. My first time doing the one-page jam was last year: [Demon Child]. I'm very proud of what I did and don't really think I'll top it this year.
  4. I want to make something with a unique mechanic. I want a strong fantasy with plenty of content and rules that support that specific fantasy. I doubt I'll pull it off in one-page but I'm excited to give it my best shot :p
Submitted(+2)

1.  I'm Paul.  Hello!

2. I have a regular D&D 5e group, so that's the game I play the most.  I recently bought Mork Borg and am looking forward to trying that out the next time our main campaign has a convenient break.

3. I've not done one-page jam (or any other TTRPG jam) before, although I have done a few videogame/coding jams in the past.

4. I think it should be an interesting exercise trying to create a strong thematic experience with only the bare minimum of rules.  I also enjoy doing videogame jams but since I've had a kid can't really spare the time to sit down and write code for days on end.  I'm hoping this will scratch that same design itch while also being something I can write up on my phone with a small child asleep on the other arm!

(+2)

1. Hello there! I'm Will.

2. I'm a D&D player and a forever DM that is seeking other games to match the fantasy world that I have been creating in the past few years. I've been dming and falling in love with many games like Wildsea, Mouse Guard, Forbidden Lands, Blades in the Dark, Cortex Prime, The One Ring, and many others.

3. Second run. Last year I published SandWalker with a couple of friends.

4. I have a dream of creating an ideal RPG system for the fantasy setting that I have been dreaming up over the last few years. And the jams are serving as an incentive to design and write about various ideas that pop into my head.

Submitted(+2)

1. I'm Kent (he/him) Hi everyone!

2. I'll play anything my groups wants, but I have a soft spot for games whose mechanics tightly support either the theme or a specific playstyle

3. This is my first jam but I have decades of notes and unfinished games. 

4. I really want to develop my game design skills, but just finishing and publishing a game is good enough for me. Gotta start somewhere.

Submitted(+2)

Hey! Nice to meet everyone! Here are my answers:

1. Fledge Art (Weekly One-pagers)
  2.  I love horror ttrpgs (at least when GMing), but really light-hearted themes get me every time.
  3. Nope! I competed 2 years ago! I've been making TTRPGs ever since (now weekly).
  4. I have no idea, but I'm excited to participate and put myself out there with some new skills!
(+2)

1. I'm Tadhg Redfern (they/them). Hello!

2. I'm a writer generally, sort of stumbled into RPG design via homebrewing my way straight out of DnD because it wasn't a good engine for the games I wanted to play. My favourite system to play is probably either PbtA or FitD. Favourite game at the moment though is Mausritter. I am not immune to propaganda (cute drawings of redwall mice).

3. This is my first time! I have a few different ideas though. Are multiple submissions allowed?

4. I'm mostly hoping to finally get out a game idea I've been ruminating on for a long time.

Submitted(+2)
  1. Hiya! My name is Jason, but everyone online calls me "Mock!"
  2. I do not have a specific TTRPG that I play, but I have picked up Alone Against Fear and I am excited to play that.
  3. This is my first jam! 
  4. I hope to release a fun family-friendly game design for this game jam, and I am excited to see what comes from this! 
Submitted(+2)

1. Hey! I'm Janie

2. I've been checking a lot out, trying to expand my RPG horizons, but I just started running a Righteous Blood Ruthless Blades campaign and aside from not fully getting the rules the first time around we had a lot of fun.

3. First time jammer, first time designer!

4. My hope is to just get one completed project under my belt. I've heard great things about this jam and am excited to see what everyone ends up coming up with!

Submitted(+2)

1. I'm Stern (Felix is my anglicized and online name), avid homebrewer and storyteller, though not much actually published

2. I play both oneshots and longform on a regular basis. For oneshots, I prefer simple systems with a strong weird flavor and ample room for improv. For longform I mostly use D&D 5e, but looking to expand.

3. First timer on a jam, but I have designed and written plenty in the past

4. Actually publish something. I will at least have a finished Inside Out hack/expansion of Lasers & Feelings and hoping to create another original one page rpg with others, so hit me up if you are interested

(+2)

1. Y'all can call me Grey! My pronouns are she/her or they/them.

2. I love medieval fantasy RPGs, but have tried and enjoyed others. Don't have a favorite system currently.

3. It's my first competing here! I saw it hadn't started yet, so I wanted to give it a go.

4. I want this to be the first RPG I actually complete. I have tried before, but never got to play testing, and the one time I did, I gave up soon after. I really hope to complete this one tho!

(+2)
  1. Hello folks! I'm Alex (EldritchNomad), I'm an artist and amateur boardgame and TTRPG designer!
  2.  I play fantasy TTRPGs mostly! But I've tried other genres and would like to explore/experience more of them! 5E is my default system for playing but my favorite systems to actually play come from the OSR scene like Electric Bastionlad, Mork Borg, and Maze Rats!
  3. This is my first time joining a jam but this isn't my first One Page RPG! Last year, I personally challenged myself to make my own rules-lite TTRPG system to introduce to new players called Venture Forth! A One-page Fantasy RPG
  4. I would like to challenge myself to design a thematic system outside of the medieval fantasy genre. I'm a huge Warhammer 40k nerd and I've found most of its existing TTRPGs intimidating to get into for the uninitiated so I'm aiming to create something that is easy to pick-up and play while aiming to produce the gothic and grim dark sci-fi tone the genre is known is for.
(+2)
  1. Hi, I'm James :)
  2.  I've only ever played D&D, but I've recently begun looking at other systems.
  3. This will be my first ever jam!
  4. My goal is to complete something and share it with people without criticizing myself too much.
Submitted(+2)

I'm Scott!

I'm particularly interested in Solo RPGs such as wretched & alone or the Carta systems

This was the first time I've made a game specifically for the sake of a Jam.

I wasn't planning to participate in this jam, until the news today gave me a vivid and extemporaneous inspiration, and I HAD to make the whole thing on the spot. It felt great to flush it out of my system immediately!

Submitted(+2)

Hi everybody.

1. My name is Patrick and I have been playing games for 30+ years and designing for 5+
  2.  I love rule-light games, be it Old or New School. My current favorites are Mausritter and Cairn 2E
  3. Nope, done it before. It's always a great creative festival with lots of inspiration
  4. Already entered my submission. Year after year, I intend my products to look and feel more professional, upgrading my skills as both artist and writer

Thanks so much and let's have some fun together!

(+2)

1: Hi I鈥檓 Noomue

2: I really havent had the opportunity to play a TTRPG, but I used to play magic for a bit

3: this is my first jam! I have been working on a board game but That has been set aside for a while

4:my goal is to turn a short story I wrote into a cool fun game, and then build op on it with a back page extension for scenarios and added difficulty as well as a short story as in a zine!

Submitted(+2)

1. Hi, I'm Jeff!
  2.  My current favourite system is Powered by the Apocalypse, but I'll never pass up the opportunity to shout out InSpectres, which is the TTRPG that really got my imagination going as a designer. 
  3. It's my first time in any jam! I managed to stumble upon it before it started, and quickly come up with an idea that I could execute in the timeframe.
  4. I want to end up with a game that fits the one page format, but has enough depth that it could sustain a campaign. It's a fun challenge to take an idea and then pare it down to only the core components it needs to work.
Submitted(+2)

1. G'day! Stu Here or HP
  2. Current fave is pbta / Monster of the Week BUT Dabbling with MorkBorg & would love to do a Death in Space game.
  3. 1st Time but I've tried to do 1 page things before (personal challenges) 
  4. Create an engaging fun atmosphere & test out some SRD ideas/mechanics! 
Submitted(+2)

Hello!

1. Name is Max (Massimiliano)
  2.  Right now my favorite kind of TTRPGS are rules-lite systems.. In general I'm leaning towards compact, easy-to-learn stuff that leaves room for people agency and interpretation.
  3. Absolutely! Never entered the competition before. I'm more of an offline guy so the whole itch.io thing is rather new to me. Lots of interesting stuff happening in this competition btw!
  4. I'm learning. Hopefully this contest will help me improve my design skills.
Submitted(+2)

Hi all!

1. My name's Daniel (he/they)
  2. I can never settle on a favourite system, though I'm enjoying messing around with exploding dice systems lately
  3. This is my first year participating in the jam, though I've made a few one-page adventures and one one-page game before
  4. I want to try making something (or multiple somethings) that avoid standard resolution mechanics -- it feels like it will be a fun challenge (already made one so far in the jam, maybe a second, we'll see)
Submitted(+2)

Hello,

1. My name is Grey (They/Them)
  2.  I like playing different systems and getting inspiration from the different mechanics and settings
  3. This is the first game jam I've been in.
  4. I am currently working on a full size TRPG so I'm challenging myself to cut the project down and make a mini version.
Submitted(+2)

Hi everyone! I'm Kyle/KBD (he/any). I'm a big fan of miniature agnostic skirmish games like  Grimdark Future: Firefight and The Doomed, and anything that involves a lot more arts and crafts than actually playing the game. I don't really play narrative RPGs, but I watch lots of live plays (Narrative Declaration is my favorite YT channel for those). I  also love reading RPG books too, especially World of Darkness stuff.  

This is my first time participating in the jam. My hope is that I learn more about how to design a good game and have some fun doing the graphic design stuff. I want to make a game that is easy to understand, fun to play for anyone even if they're not into RPGs, and has good visual design. 

I'm very open to feedback and will have an in-development version of my game THE ORB on my creator page, so check it out and let me know what you think! 

Submitted(+1)

1. Patrick D Ryall

2. I actually think I get more of a charge playing with randomization tables than I do the games themselves, but in general I like a nice simple sci-fi or horror rpg.

3. It is indeed my first.

4. I only recently learned about this whole scene and whipped by my "And Lo, The Wizards Shall Fight!" as a quick jump on the bandwagon. Hopefully I will manage to do another one that ties into the Transport theme before time is up. I'm hoping I can hone my design skills and learn things and that by this time next year I have a lot of projects of many kinds.

I did try to get another one-page RPG idea done, but it came out less as an RPG and more as a board game, so I can't really submit it, but if anyone has a goofy RPG on the go where their character might end up on a tiny desert island, they could work with Doomed On A Desert Island

(+2)

I am arriving late to the trend, but this looks fun! Glad to see so many creators:

1. My name is Juli谩n, but everyone calls me Jules
  2.  Right now, my favorite game is FIST, I love games with a lot of flavor and customizing possibilities
  3. This is the second time I get in this specific Jam. My first game was done in the One page rpg 2023 Jam, Beast at Heart
  4. I want to end my artist block and challenge myself using the knowledge I accumulated in the last year of designing my own games and supplements.

Good luck everyone!!

Submitted(+2)

Hi,

1. Rub茅n, @Cuernomalo on threads and itch.io

2. I'm into D&D / OSR, Star Wars D6, GURPS, CoC, old stuff, you know.

3. Yes, my submission is "SUB-METRO", an horror/exploration game about people trapped in the subway afterhours, and it's my 2nd submission to itch.io at all.

4. I'm finishing another project (an OSR bestiary) and wanted to change a little before the last stretch.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)
  1. I'm Gilbals
  2. I've been playing ttrpg's for over 20 years, and have played tons of systems and games. I adore sci-fi and cyberpunk settings the most, however the majority of my experience is in Call of Cthulhu.
  3. This is the first time I'm submitting to a ranked Jam
  4. I want to just get myself out there more to more people. Most of the content I've made has been for Mausritter, and I wish to expand past that. 
Submitted(+1)

1. I'm Atlas (or at least that's been my handle for a long time)

2. My two favourite RPGs of all time are the second edition of Deadlands: The Weird West and the last OWoD line, Orpheus. In the past few years, I've mostly been playing Blades in the DarkSavage Worlds and various OSR games (including my own longer-form one published on DriveThruRPG, This Blighted Land).

3. This is my first jam.

4. I want to focus on turning out games that are tight and thematic. The issue with larger projects (especially with no timeframe) is that they end up sprawling into a hundred different nooks and crannies. Instead, I want to ask "What is the core 'point' of this game?" and build from the ground up to emphasise that single idea. If I can turn out 2-3 submissions, I'll be happy.

Submitted(+1)

1.) Hi everyone, I am Georg,

2.) I mostly play boardgames or magic the gathering

3.) This is my very first jam and I made a drawing TTRPG which is call Day of Decay

4.) I am a Game designer and wanted to try a new genre

5. Check my funny illustrations if you like :) 

Submitted(+1)
  1. Gabriel, the Martian Muckraker

2. Favorite kind of ttrpgs: I am loving OSR more and more. Like things simple. Shadowdark, Mutant Crawl Classics and current faves. Been meaning to try Mork Borg.

3. Is the your first time competing in the Jam? : I鈥檝e been active in the OPRPG Reddit. I don鈥檛 think I have submitted to this specific jam before.

4. What do you hope to accomplish or how to you hope to challenge yourself during the jam? Thinking of making a full d100 table for the game . . . but ideas still melding.

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Thanks for hosting!

1. ysy/ysybusybear
  2. My current favorite game is Fabula Ultima! I don鈥檛 get to play it often enough however.
  3. First time in this jam :>
  4. I鈥檓 looking forward to learning Affinity Designer for designing ttrpgs! The 1-page limit is also a fun challenge to try and cram a little game in.
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

1. Choco/Trek, either works.
  2. Recently, the ironsworn games and their derivatives. I also like Cairn and M&M, but I'm wanting to try more systems.
  3. Yep, first time.
  4. Since this is my first time, I'm trying my best to fit the rules into one page. Also learning how to do a trifold is pretty cool.
Submitted(+1)

1. Hey I'm Dz, or that's been my gamer tag for years at least.
  2.  I love TTRPGS, My favorite is Dnd of course, since I'm the forever DM of my group
  3. This is my first time in any jam or any non home brew game development! I had a silly idea so I thought I'd throw it in the ring!
  4. I thought my idea was fun so I thought people would have fun playing it. I've always been too nervous to put any of my work out there in any official sense but this seemed low risk. Maybe doing this may rip the metaphorical bandaid for me and I'll get started actually developing for the public?
Submitted(+1)

Hi, my name's Andy. 

Although I am a RPG-veteran (Ars Magica, Vampire tM, Fate Core, PbtA...), I have started to adore easy, short and simple rules mixed in with spicy funny ideas and concepts. This Jam is right up my alley, I have to admit (and also to submit, as of this year).

After having submitted my first 1-pager, I am also considering bringing a lot of other half-baked crazy rpg-ideas into playable 1-page format.  Let's see...

See ya, A!

Submitted

My name is Michelle Vigeant and I'm an illustrator that loves animals. I usually go by Stormslegacy. I made my first ever game for thus jam about sashimi-stealing kitties. 

My 9yo kiddo is interested in games as well so we did game designs all together as a family, this was a great inspiration to try something bite-size and submit it. My husband Coureton submitted one too. It was very inspiring to have a goal! Maybe we can get kiddo to finish one for next year's jam!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello everyone! I know I'm getting to this rather late (considering the jam is already closed), but I thought I'd make an introduction nonetheless! 

1. My name is Helix
  2. I enjoyed playing D&D the three times I've tried it. Currently I'm playing in a Shadowrun game which is a lot like Cyberpunk.
  3. This is my first time competing in ANY Game Jam! I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see what so many of you continue to come up with. I want to keep improving too, so if you have any advice or comments I'd love to hear them!
  4. I believe I accomplished my main goal which was to actually publish my first game of any sort. I did that and can't wait to try my hand at another jam in the future.

This really was a lot of fun, but I had no idea just how large the community is. I'll have to keep an eye out for boards like these in the future so I can meet new folks like you all.