Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm looking for games with a nice mechanic. I'll give you a detailed rating

A topic by DaanDevDude created Aug 09, 2020 Views: 2,101 Replies: 195
Viewing posts 1 to 91
Submitted (3 edits)

I want to try some games that have a nice and unique mechanic implemented. 

Edit : Post them down below and I'll give a detailed and honest review of me playing the game if the mechanic was unique and refreshing

Make sure to play our game as well. It also has some fun,cool mechanics. 

https://daandevdude.itch.io/primus

Submitted

hers my game i think it has an interesting take on rewind https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724639

Submitted

Hey, here's my honest opinion:

• 8bit sound was great. I loved it. 
  • Jumping was a bit strange, felt more like an upwards teleportation instead of a jump. 
  • I don't know if you were able to 'destroy' the cars? I always took damage or dodged them.  (Maybe just me, but I should fix that)
  • It was difficult to navigate for me because some of the platforms were 2.5D. You did not jump to the top of the sprite, but somewhere in half so it was a bit of a guess where you would land. 
  • Love the setting of a toy robot and the use of toy assets as platforms (Lego bricks, Cloudy wallpaper (maybe from toystory?))

Either way, there is room for improvement, but a good game after all. 

Submitted

thanks for the feedback Appreciate it

Submitted

Mechanic's in my game simple, but wanna hear you thoughts!

https://mpoleksenko.itch.io/fly-project-into-the-space

Submitted

Hey M.P.Oleksenko, 

I'm sorry, but I don't have an adroid device to be able to test your game. 

I'll have to leave you in the dark on this one. My excuses!

Submitted(+1)

ur game looks really neat

Submitted

Thanks!

Submitted

Please Rate Our game

This game is about a girl, trapped in her mind. 

After a traumatic experience the girl has fell into coma.

Trapped in her dreams, she can't remember her past.

The pieces of puzzle are representing her memories, and every piece reminds her about the past 

And when a piece is collected, she sees really what had happened, and the real steps she had taken.

Submitted

Hey, here is my honest opinion, 

• I liked the soothing music, it fits the game you went for. 
  • I liked the graphics, nice pixelart
  • Mechanic-wise, I'm not that impressed. You walk to a puzzle piece and the first two levels are completed automatically.  When I was on the third level, I kept dying to the first spike when 'rewinding'. It seemed that I could not jump during the rewind because the player was somwhat glued to the ground. I retried almost 10 but I could not pass it.  
  • Story-wise, good idea, could use some improvement. It seems that the depressed girl is in a coma and remembers that she had to suffer troughout her life. Maybe it could improve with a form of text implemented into the game. So you get to know the main character (depressed girl) a bit more. 
  • Puzzle piece transitions were really neat.

Overall good submission. Was most a fan of the art, but maybe I'm just bad at platformers.

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722098

Submitted

Hey, here is my opinion: 

• I liked the sound of the game. Very calm.
  • I liked the little screen effect when you rewinded time. Nice job, 
  • I thought the fact that you switch players when rewinding is very clever. It makes you think way more than just replaying because you need to think in advance when you're playing with player 1
  • It seemed like the rewind did not register correctly. In level 2, I pushed the block to a certain spot, but when I rewinded it, the block automatically came back to the same spot (lowest platform on the right side). Maybe you could improve that. 
  • I got stuck on level 3. I played with the first player, but could not get higher. Maybe a bit of help in the form of a tutorial is in its place here. I tried to jump with player one and then jump on the jumping block with player two, but I could not succeed. 

Small fun platformer, clever mechanic of switching players. Good job

Submitted

thanks for the feedback! The physics issue came down to my rewinding system, and I feel that I could've switched level 3 and 5. Thanks for playing!

Submitted

It鈥檚 math puzzle game. https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723165 It鈥檚 my first game and jam ever. Can You play and RATE it? If yes, please read description. (You can play in browser.)

Submitted

Hey, here are my thoughts: 

• Congrats on making a math game. It is definitely not a popular subject for games. Although it found it more a math quiz instead of a game. I did not find the game aspect..
  • Maybe let the player click his mouse to start the game when you only use the mouse afterwards anyway. 
  • I was a bit confused why the keyboard changed place when doing the second part of a level. It felt like a new level but it wasn't. Maybe you could just change the color of the first digit to green when entering the right number. 
  • Also did not quite know why how the theme was implemented into the game. You need to solve math to be able to get the time rewinder, but maybe you could do something else with it.

Dont get me wrong, I give a lot of qritique, but I read that it was your first game jam so you still have a lot of chances to improve! 

Certainly not bad for your first game jam! 

Submitted

Thanks!

Submitted

Sure! https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722449

Submitted

Hey jacjson, here is my opinion,

• There are a lot, and I mean a lot of controls. They are a bit all over the place and it was difficult to get the hang of it. For example you can look up with the 'W' key, but it looked like there was no need to look up. I should work on the keybindings a bit more. If it keeps being difficult. Maybe add a settings menu where players can assign their own keybindings. (Maybe too much work for a small game jam)
  • There were nice mechanics, but not unique ones. It was a Brackeys game jam platformer with the most amount of mechanics I've seen yet, so props for the amount of work that went into that. 
  • There were 2 modes. Assist mode and Sadist mode. It seemed like there was no difference? 
  • Great job on the pixelart and animations of the player. I loved those. 
  • I'm not quite sure how this game fits into the theme of the jam. Did not see anything to do with rewind.  You told in your description that the game rewinds when completing it, but I couldn't the controls were to hard for me

Overall advice: Maybe spend a little less time implementing a lot of different mechanics and try to improve on the ones already implemented. Playtest it more and see where the skill level would be. 

Nice job on the game. A jolly platformer

Submitted

My bullet hell shooter https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/717727

Submitted

Hey PiggyTheAstro. Here are my thoughts: 

• I found the game unbalanced. It felt like it was a boss battle from level one. The bullets of the enemies go faster And you're quite left in the dark. 
  • I liked the synth music. Fitted with your game.
  • I rewinded time, but it would just reset your game progress so there was no need to do it.
  • I liked the fact that you had to choose your powerup after each level. It gave the game a dynamic feeling. 
  • The third enemy was impossible to beat for me. I moved to slow to outrun the bullets. 
  • A good distinction between you and the enemy. You can almost blindly find your player on the screen

Good submission nevertheless.

Submitted

here's mine its a puzzle platformer https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723626

Submitted

Hey John, here are my thoughts: 

• I'm not a fan of the orthograpic camera. It made your game way more difficult because there is no perception of depth. 
  • I liked the fact that the dash was a consumable. It made you think about where you needed to use them.  When you rewind time however, I would give the dashes back instantly. Now I spent a lot of time going around to recollect them all. 
  • The sound goes along nicely with the rest of the assets. 
  • There is no in-game explanation of the controls what made me exit the game, check your itch page and then boot it back up.
  • A bit confused why you used a cube as a player. Since you roll it around in the game, a ball would fit better in my opinion. 

Gave me a bit of a portal vibe, good job on the game.

Submitted

Thanks for the in depth feedback really appreciate it :D

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724013

Dream world is full of adventures and filled with fantasy

Submitted

Hey, this is what I thought about your game:

• You wrote on your post you made all the assets yourself so props for that.
  • I think it had a kind of a meme vibe from the beginning. Made it funny. 
  • Don't know what the actual game has to do with the intro cutscene, but the cutscene itself looks nice. 
  • The game was a bit weird sice I could not throw any projectiles any more after a certain period of time. 
  • I was able to just run through the legs of the boss enemy so maybe make it that that isn't possible. 
  • I do not really know how this game fits with the theme because I did not see any rewinding being done. 

Good small game. I read you only started developing games 4 months earlier. Nice to already compete in gamejams. Congratulations on the game and keep up the work :)

Submitted(+1)

thanks a lot bro for doing this....

But with pressing "R" you can rewind yourself 

With pressing "Q" you can rewind environment

By Holding  "F" you can use projectiles

Thanks lot dude... your comment made my day 馃槆馃ぉ

Submitted

Have a look at mine if you like challenging controls! Already downloading yours.

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey lisyarus, here are my thoughts about your game: 

• I loooooved the fact that you could destroy the environment. That made the game for me. It made it easier to navigate, but harder because more enemies come swarming in. 
  • As you mentioned, the controls are hard. If this is intended, great job. Otherwise, I would make sure the player does not 'glide' constantly. 
  • It is nice you get more bullets when you level up. It creates more devestation which has its pro's and con's. (my first point)
  • There also was no audio for me, maybe it was my computer but I could not give any feedback on that. 
  • It would be nice to make the player stand out more so you know faster where you are located on the screen. Sometimes, I got confused and thought I was an enemy ;)
  • Also, when you export the game. Place everyting in a folder before zipping it. That way the files are not scattered all over the place when unzipping it :)

Nice chaotic game, I am a fan of those. It felt like a fast paced game of 'Asteroids'. Good submission

Submitted(+1)

Thank you for detailed feedback! Yep, the movements & terrain collision are intended - I tried many variations and eventually settled on these so that the game remains a bit challenging. There is indeed no audio, didn鈥檛 have time for that, will definitely add after the jam. I鈥檒l try to make the ship stand out more, thank you for suggestion :) Considering the archive - most archive software decompress XXX.zip into an XXX folder by default, so I usually do it this way.

Submitted(+1)

Ok, maybe my download file is just too cluttered with games now what made it difficult for me to find ;) No worries then :)

Submitted

How about mine? https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724547

Submitted
Deleted 4 years ago
Submitted

Uhh... you sure you're replying to the right guy? I don't think I made cutscenes for the game and I'm pretty sure I don't have any bosses on my game . Sorry if I misunderstood your comment because I'm a bit confused right now. If it is actually about my game I would be interested about the shooting part since I haven't even encountered that bug.

Submitted

Hey T-Motif. I just played your game. The last post was an error by me. Here is my feedback on your game:

• When you export the UnityProject, make a zip of the root folder. When I unzipped your file, all files like the crashhandler were all over the place in my downloads. 
  • Strange that you went for a windowed game. There is not really a problem with that, but it comes with some issues. 
    • The cursor wasn't locked to the center of the screen. When I played the game, I clicked outside of the game multiple times. (Unity scripting API)
    • The crows that came flying in were super fast. Since that the screen was relatively small, it was difficult to dodge them. 
  • I did not use the dash. It does not seem that it is that important
  • I like the pixel art and the sound that fits together with it
  • I love that you can prolong your game session by killing enemies, but I think it is a bit unbalanced. It takes somewhat 4-5 hits to kill a bug for example and they come in groups of 5 or so. That makes it difficult to kill them because when you're done, the other enemies have spawned already. 

Nice little 2D top-down shooter. Just a couple of small things you can improve on. Good job!

Submitted

please try mine but not sure if this is unique https://makinggameswithunity.itch.io/rewind-sticks

Submitted

Here is my opinion:

• I could relate to the childhood game because I played it when I was little so I liked that.
  • Other than thinking about the past, the games does not fit well in the theme. 
  • I like the Sims-styled music. 
  • The game was a bit difficult due to the fact that some of the sticks randomly moved when picking up. That made it a bit tedious at times. 
  • I remember this being a game for 2 players so maybe you could make it a local multiplayer game where the player gets switched after every stick that gets picked up. 

Very small game, but relatively good execution. Well done. 

Submitted(+1)

Hi DaanDevDude, thank you for your very detailed and spot on reviews and feedback , i totally agree with you, i'm just happy that you can actually connect to people even you don't really know them in real life thru a same or similar old classic game and that is really awesome! :)

Submitted

Here is mine <3

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723997

Submitted

• I really liked the way you wrote the small texts. Brief, with no sense of emotion (or at least that is what I got from it). Great job.  Reminded me of Super Hot
  • I would change the color of the text. White text on white walls is sometimes hard to read. 
  • I found it a bit frustrating there were no checkpoints between the levels. I got stuck on level 3 and I had to redo 1 and 2..
  • The post-pro when rewinding was nice.
  • I did not quite get the idea of the linked rewind. The floating platform went up again, but I could not do something with it because the other boxes were too far away. And when I pushed another box underneath, it went back to it's original place when I wanted to lift the platform back up again. 

Nice puzzle game, Maybe a bit more player feedback is welcome. Besides that, good job!

Submitted

Please try out my game! Hope the mechanic is unique enough for you! Link below:

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724904

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey AceSheperd, here is my opinion: 

• The title of the game made me laugh out loud so good job!
  • The pixelart and sound is astonishing! Best I've seen yet.
  • The mechanic is fun, but I think their could be done more with it.  
  • The keybindings to change appearance are strange, I would prefer keys you could reach with your other hand since you're not using it now. 
  • I think it's a bug, but not sure. I ran past the caretakers as an adult but also lost the game. Did not seem right for me.  If it was a bug indeed. Then there would be no need to change to gramps because he is slower than the adult version. (Maybe I'm wrong with my bug assumption)
  • It is possible to fall out of the map (right side during second section )

Simple platformer, art is really nice and so is the sound. I think the mechanics and gameplay could use a bit more work. What you delivered now however is already a fun little game. Nice work!

Submitted

Wow, really love the feedback. Thank you!

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724109#post-1829028 well I think I have a good mechanic here an if you are searching for a better than mine, there is Time Seek, try it

Submitted

Hey Team Deamon, here are my thoughts on The Ragefull Ball:

• I liked the mechanic of taking the same path twice. It makes you want to do it simple, but you need to succeed as well. 
  • Although I liked it, I could not fully enjoy it because it was so damn difficult. It was really hard for me to complete a level. 
  • I liked the small intro about the parents. Although I hoped there will be some references of that story in the game (background or so)
  • I did not quite get the importance of stopping (white circle). 
  • The UI of the menu could be a lot bigger since you have a full screen application :)

A bit difficult for me, but the mechanic definitely has some potential. Maybe try to make it a bit easier. (Or I'm just trash, also possible ;) ) 

Nice game!

Submitted(+1)

For the story, yeah It should be continued in the ending. And for the difficulty, no it's not you, all players who played seriously and gived feedback talk about that (even me, I try several before finishing some levels); I wanted each level to be unique  and to have it's own Idea of design and how to get over it. For exemple here is the best way to finish the second level:

TThank you for your feedback, it really helps me a lot to improve!
Submitted

Alright great, I will try once more to beat it!

Submitted

Hi, it's my firt game jam, I'm looking for advice to progress, I hope my game is not too difficult :
https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/725064

Submitted

Hi Lotyss, here is my feedback: 

• I'm really impressed. Gameplay/mechanic wise is this one of the best if not the best game i've played from the gamejam submissions!! I was a bit confused how it worked, but eventually got the hang of it and it was really fun to play. 
  • In the menu, there are options to disable sound & music but they do not work
  • The gravity on the character is a bit too high for me, but it's not super hard.
  • Maybe you can start each level by showing where the enemies are so you can start plotting out a route before trying the level multiple times

I really enjoyed this game. Best out of this thread so far. Keep up the work. If this is your first jam, I'm very impressed. I'll give you a follow and you deserve waaaay more ratings on your game after mine!

Incredible job!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you very much ! I have made it in four days and I submitted it in a rush. It's great to have a feedback. This is the first time I share my work and it's very cool to know the player's feelings. 

Submitted

Here is my game:

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724586

Submitted

My thoughts are listed belowI:

• I don't seem to get the point of pressing 'R'. I would not want to get back in time and will only go back in time when I mess up. 
  • I both liked and disliked the fact that you had to 'map out' the levels. 
    • It wasn't like any other platformer where you just need to jump on the platforms. (+)
    • It can get very repetitive when you need to pass a section that is a bit more difficult. (-)
  • The animation of the character was very derpy. I loved it.
  • The text at the beginning dissapeared too soon. I could not read it entirely.

Funny platformer, a bit tedious at times, but not nerveracking. Enjoyed playing it!

Submitted

Manually resetting is to avoid being stuck in a wall etc.  While the text issue is just you passing by too quickly. You are meant to stop and read the sign instead of almost ignoring it.

Submitted

No I meant the text when you fell down and the game started. The text blocks on the signs were no issue for me. 

Submitted

Our game uses replay scripts to put the player against themselves.

Kill yourself. Go back in time. Kill past you before they die. Kill yourself again. Repeat.

https://nominegames.itch.io/kill-yourself

Submitted

These are my thoughts:

• When you die before the AI, I'd prefer the game just resets. 
  • Make the player more distinct from the enemies. The red square in the center is a good start, but it can be even more different and thus easier to locate.
  • The parkour was difficult for me to navigate through, caused by the little spaces and openings. On the first life, I took my time and got everywhere, but when I needed to chase the afterlives, I mostly fell to my own death and needed to wait on the AI. 
  • Definitely has some potential, but maybe make it a local multiplayer game where you need to kill the afterlives of the opponent first. Then when you die, you have more targets to come back and kill the other one. 

The game has potential. Keep up the work!

Submitted

Multiplayer was definitely planned on, and likewise for the easily identifiable player (we were going to make the player pink on the last day, but we just forgot to). Never really considered that the parkour or waiting for the AI would become annoying, and will certainly consider that when updating the game. Thanks for the feedback!

Submitted (1 edit)

Use mouse to steer spaceship and escape exploding sun. Collect orbs to rewind sun explosionhttps://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724721

Submitted (1 edit)

I almost landed on Pluto! Here are my thoughts about the journey:

• Nice game idea. I liked it
  • I really liked the particles of the sun, they stood out to me more than the others. 
  • The music looped very well. Nice work. 
  • I liked that you had to collect the orbs to be able to continue. It made me wander of my path sometimes.
  • I think the sun grows to slowly. It could be a more chaotic game if you made it grow faster (don't know if that  is your intention). At a certain moment, the sun was more than a 1000km away, so there was no more pressure of being chased. 

Nice game. I like the total package. Good work, keep it up.

Submitted

Loved the style of your game!

I'm curious what you think of ours:

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722328

Submitted

Aaaand ACTION!

• I really enjoyed your game! A unique idea I haven't seen that often! Very nice!
  • I think the sound at the end of the scenes cut off to quickly, they did not finish all the time
  • Maybe add a marker to the different meteorites. So when you speak about 1,2,3 , you can also see that on the set. 
  • Jumping on the horse in the first level was a bit buggy, but I finished the level in the end so no worries. 
  • I love the mechanic of the editing. Really good job. Better than any ordinary platformer. 

Great job on the game. One of the more uniques ones I've tested. Nice job!

Submitted

my game has a good story, good mechanics and fun time, hope you enjoy it https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724203

Submitted (1 edit)

Here are my thoughts: 

• Nice mechanics indeed. Being able to teleport to your pen is a bit strange, but inventive so no worries. 
  • The SFX was really loud and a bit annoying for me. I would tone that down a bit. 
  • I don't know what the 'Casette Kingdom' has to do with the dungeon.. 
  • Reminded me of zelda, I'm a fan of Zelda. Nice work
  • Besides the'rewinding' of the guardians. There was not much that fitted into the 'rewind' theme. 
  • I'm a fan of the pixelart. Great job on that!

Weird little setting of a game, but good execution. Did not encounter any bugs or game mistakes. Keep up the work!

Submitted

Thank you, the game has liked many people, so I will think about adding more content after the jam

Submitted

You should!

Submitted

Here's mine :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/721038

Submitted

Here is my opinion: 

• Loved the pixel art. Simple, but neat.
  • I think sound was a bit lacking. A nice background song would improve it a lot for me. 
  • The fact that you can only jump with the small robot was a plus for me. It made the levels a bit more linear because you only could you in a certain way, but at level 8 it became challenging and that made it cool. 
  • I don't think the theme fits very well in this game because you don't do anything with the rewind. You just replay the level with the path you played before. 
  • Nice that there is a countdown timer so you need to rush it.

Nice platformer, well done.

Submitted

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I will take all of that into account :). Unfortunately I couldn鈥檛 add background music as each level is it鈥檚 own scene so I don鈥檛 know how to make the song play through Which is why I added menu music. Lastly I think that the way it fits the theme is when the robot rewinds before he replays as that is the main mechanic is the game but we can agree to disagree :)). Thanks for your great feedback.

Submitted

Hi! If you're still playing games I'd appreciate it if you tried mine :)

It's a bullet hell where time rewinds when you die and you get another chance at staying alive if you manage to go back in time and kill the enemy before they fire the fatal shot at you!

There's a tutorial explaining the unique mechanic and 5 difficulties to choose from, ranging from Easy to Impossible.

Hope you enjoy!

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722074

Submitted

Hey! I played it and here are my thoughts:

• I've played a couple of bullet hell games from this jam and this is the best one yet, so props for that. I like the pace and the chaos. It makes a bullet hell like hell. I tried 'Impossible' mode but who thought that it was impossible? I didn't :p 
  • The graphics are a bit lacking for me.  They are very simple, but they do not take away the good gameplay so not a big point of critique. 
  • Maybe you should spawn in combos when reaching a higher multiplier. Now it is just for points I think? When you add some powerups, it will make the game so much more dynamic. 
  • There should be a small indication of where the enemies are going to spawn. Right now I ran into a lot of them just by running around. 

Nice bullet hell game, I liked it. Hope you like my review. 

Submitted

This is the most detailed review I've gotten yet, thank you for that!

Yeah you're right, graphics are the main thing I need to work on in my games. Luckily I was able to work it into the arcade theme this time so it turned out alright.

Powerups are the main gameplay mechanic that I'd like to put in a future update after the jam. Making them appear at certain combos is a great idea that I hadn't thought of but now I probably will do that if I get the time :D

Yeah the spikes do sometimes spawn a bit unfairly. I think I might increase the minimum distance away from the player that enemies have to spawn instead. I didn't want to add an enemy spawn indicator because I felt like the spikes could become too easy to dodge, but I can always implement it and see how it changes the game.

Thanks again for playing my game and leaving a helpful review :)

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723891 i would really appreciate if you checked this out! thanks

Submitted

Hey DomCripps, this is what I thought about your game:

• The background song didn't loop very well, you could hear a cut. 
  • Very nice job to implement the level designer! Really cool!
  • I found it annoying that you could only change the way the platforms rotate when walking towards the right. It made me mess up my jumps while I was trying to line up the platform to a flat surface. 
  • Maybe you could add a clear destination point. I did not see that while playing the game. 

Nice work on the game. I think you should separate the platform rotation and the player movement, but that's my personal opinion.

Submitted

I will play now and leave a comment!

Play and rate our too~

Here's mine: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/720397

Submitted

Here are my thoughts on RobosPierre:

•  I really liked the titlescreen image. Great work of the artist. 
  • I liked the puzzle aspect of the game. Took an existing concept and adapted it to the theme. Nice. 
  • The backhround song of the game is also very nice. 

Nice job on the game. Good luck with the studio!

Submitted

Hey could you play my game? https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723766

Submitted

I played your game! This is what I thought:

• Maybe you could save the mouse sensitivity settings so it doesn't reset every time you die. 
  • Don't know if there was a certain goal. I just kept bombing enemies, but I did not see a score being added.
  • I liked the game overall. Shooting, dodging and weaving is what I like to do in games.
  • The 'rewind' theme did not fit well into the game in my opinion. 

Besides the fact that it did not fit into the theme for me, I still enjoyed playing it. The spark is already there, but it needs some more work to develop in a big BOMB. 

Great work!

Submitted (1 edit)

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry about the sensitivity sloder...i didnt have time to improve it. Same with the score...i would have added that if i had more time. As for the theme it took me an entire day for me to make something of the rewind theme as i wanted something that was not about rewinding time. Gald you liked it!

Submitted

sound great. Here Is my game

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722255

Submitted

Here is my opinion: 

• The audio of the game was too loud for me. 
  • The game runs very smoothly. Nice. 
  • I liked the dash mechanic. 
  • Maybe you should show the player what a button is activating when the target is out of screen. When I interact with several buttons, something happens, but I don't know what. 

Nice game overall. Mechanics are a bit like an ordinary platformer, but the execution is great. No bugs, smooth gameplay. Good job.

Submitted

Hi, if you can try my game and give honest feedback, it'll be great. Made the game challenging, controls are in the description. thank you!

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724226

Submitted(+1)

Very challenging indeed! Here are my thoughts: 

• Don't know why you would want to bring the enemies to life as they onli want to kill you. 
  • When you run out of 'normal' time, it takes way to long for the clock to rewind while in rewind time. 
  • I liked the pixelart. 
  • I saw in your trailer that there was some 8-bit sound, but I didn't have it while playing (maybe an error on my behalf)
  • It was not super clear for me what and when I could interact with stuff. Maybe get an outline on the object if it is possible to interact with. (I saw the subtle color difference, but it can be more eye-catching)

Nice little dungeon explorer game. Needs a smill bit of work to turn it into a very nice game! Good start! Keep it up!

Submitted

thank you very much for the great feedback! this will surely help me polishing the game after the jam.

about the reviving, its kindof from the original mechanics that i couldnt put due to time constraints. originally, there should be doors that can only be open when there are specific slimes in the level, hence reviving.

the music is due to my part, thats my bad cause i couldnt put one in time.

hey there

my game uses like literally rewinding physics and it would be great if you play the game and give feedbacks and suggestions (also rate the game)

here's my game 

REWIND SANDBOX

(the player has all the freedom he wants)

HAVE FUN :D

Submitted

Hey AgentXMan, here are my thoughts:

• I really liked the voice intro you recorded. Was funny, clear and imformative. Good job
  • The 'I'm Glad You Came (piano cover)' was a bit too loud
  • I'd prefer if the boxes spawned in right in front of you. Now they spawned far away for me and alway fell straight into the void. 
  • If you call it a sandbox game, I should implement a bit more content so the player had more stuff to do (do something with the environment, multiple boxes, different explosions, ...)
  • The game was a bit blurry for me (could be the web version of the game)

Very small game. Add some more stuff if you would like to continue this sandbox game. Good start!

Ok thanks a lot for your thoughts. I will surely implement these changes 

:)

Submitted (1 edit)

I experimented with some time-based mechanics in my game including rewind and enemies moving when you move, would love to know what you think.
https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723823

Played your game and left my feedback. Great job!

Submitted

Hey Askman, here are my thoughts: 

• Do not completely pause the entire game when a dialogue has finished. Show the player the button he has to press to continue or at least let the music continue playing. I restarted twice because I thought my game crashed ;) 
  • You write on your post that there is a surprise for those who persevere. I completed the game but it said 'Is that it?' And I died.. If this is the real ending, don't make false promises on your itch page because I was dissapointed when I saw the text bubble. 
  • I liked the trail you leave behind. Good to remember how you were rewinding. 
  • When you rewinded the level, you should fast forward to the next so the player does not have to walk the same distance again. 
  • Add some checkpoints between each level so you can start from there and not all the way from the beginning. 
  • Nice music choice. I liked the style of it. 

Reminded me a bit of 'Frogger' but then with a twist, fitted in the theme. Nice job.

Submitted

Thanks so much for taking the time to play my game. That surprise was a little joke, but you're right I probably shouldn't advertise false stuff.
I appreciate all the feedback, I'll probably fix all those things you mentioned after the jam.

Submitted

Think from the perspective of the player when you design your game. Would you like a game where you tried several times to beat it to get the reward and then it just said no? ;) 

An arcade game like yours is all about completion and rewards. :) I'm glad you like the feedback.

Submitted

I really appreciate honest feedback. Also I'm glad you got the point of the trail, didn't think anyone would get why it's there :D
Was it hard to get a hang of the game mechanics? Because many people have said I need a more detailed tutorial in game

Submitted(+1)

I found it really simple to understand. One thing I should improve is line up the direction of the level with one of the axes of the player. That way you don't go diagonal when just pressing one arrow key.

Submitted

Hey there! I will really appreciate you playing/rating me game! It鈥檚 about killing enemies with shurikens, you can rewind time if you want, and you control time according to your speed! https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723041

Submitted

Hey Swix,

• I loved the music. Fits with the theme and environment. Only a bit too loud. 
  • You should add a score system so there is a reason to play the levels endlessly.
  • The floating red-eye robots were very hard to kill. The others were doable, but I spent most of the time missing my shots at the red-eyed ones.
  • I did not figure out how to rewind time. Only how to slow it down.

Fun little 'Super Hot'-like shooter game. Had fun while playing. 

Submitted

Hey! Thanks for the review! You could have read the controls in the game description, F to rewind. Will add a score system for sure!

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723904

DEFLECTOR: Rewind bullets back at your enemies to survive in this arcade Bullet-Hell.

Aim for the highest combo you can!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey Emmycron, 

I could not test the game because my computer antivirus saw it as a threat. When it is a small gamejam game like this, I would recommend to export it as a build rather than a installer executionable file. It may scare people who try to play it.

Sorry to leave you in the dark on this one.

Submitted

I believe my game mechanic might be to your liking. Hope you enjoy: Villain REWIND

Submitted(+1)

• I would increase the energy meter a bit so you could dash, jump and shoot at least once all together. 
  • I loved the music, atmosphere and theme so good job.
  • The music faded when in the pause menu. Small detail but improves the game. 
  • I was a bit confused at first about what to do, but got the hang of it in the end. 
  • The projectile's path was a bit weird, you shoot in an arc instead of in front of you. 
  • I feel like the player is a bit too small to step on the defuse button. You always had to jump right in front of it to reach it. Takes away the pace of the game a bit. 

I would increase the pace of this game. Give more energy, quicker obstruction spawns and so on. Make it a chaotic endless parkour game. 
Good job on the game so far. 

Submitted

Ok yeah... I see. Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely take all that into consideration!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey man I am on vacation so I can not play your game  rn.It would be great if you give some feedback to my game tho.(if you are not exhausted with all that rating)Anyways have a good time

In my game every time you jump time is reminded hope you enjoy:https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723361

Submitted

Hey Apost7, here is what I think (I did not get really far so I don't have very much to talk about):

• The decision of rewinding time while you jump is brave, but made it very difficult for me.  When you play a platformer, you sort of plan out where a moving platform is going so you know when to jump. When you rewind it, it makes it very difficult. I tried it several times, but I think it rewinds faster than the normal speed, which made it very hard to plan out your jumps. 
  • Funny little character. Simple, but nice. 
  • Same with the sound. Simple, but does the trick.

A very small game. I could only reach 2 coins because of the difficulty so I would try to make it a bit more simple. Maybe add some checkpoints that if you fail, you don't have to do all the other difficult jumps as well. Have fun on vacation!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks , i appreciate a lot the details of your review!!

-When the player jumps I decreased  the speed of the player a bit so you don't have much control while in air ,I think that gave you the feeling of rewinding faster.

-It never occurred to me that the game may be difficult

When I was playtesting it with my friends every one could beat it in around 10 minutes.However the jump after the second coin, they did find it tricky.I chose to leave it in the game because when I asked them in the end they told me it was their favourite.But just to be sure I added a hint if you died 4 times And I put a checkpoint before the jump

I don't know why the checkpoints didn't work 

Anyways, for the next jam I should focus a bit more on  level design because the difficulty was unintended

Again thank you for playing my game,and I am sorry for not being able to play yours 

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724759 here's miiiine

Submitted(+1)

I played until level 14. Here are my thoughts:

• I loved the mechanic. Simple platformer, but the mechanic actually made it really fun. 
  • The loading screens take too much time. It is okay in between levels, but if you are stuck and restart, it gets very long.
  • Maybe make a faster introduction of the other buttons. I played untill level 14 and only used left,right and jump. 
  • Nice that you could limited the amount of movement. Looks like you really thought it out.
  • Nice art style. Cute little video timeline and so on. I liked it. 

One of the better games mechanic-wise on this forum-thread. I liked playing it. Nice job!

Submitted (1 edit)

hey id love to hear your thoughts on my game and possible ways i could expand and improve, thanks !:)https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724795

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Nice old scool 2D-shooter. Here is what I thought:

• Music and SFX was too loud, especially when all the SFX came together
  • You should add an arrow when an enemy is outside of the screen so you know where to go. 
  • Maybe add an indicator how many enemies are left in this level. 
  • Loved the pixelart grandpa, don't think it fits with the dungeon background though. 
  • Don't know how this fits in the rewind theme.

How you could expand: 

1. Add different enemies
    1. Beefy one that takes more hits, moves slowly
    2. Fast one that dies quickly
  2. Add more guns So you can swap between them. 
  3. Add environment items (things that can explode and hit everything in range)

Good job, hope you like the feedback

Submitted

Thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it ! :)

Submitted

You might want to check my game:

https://ivaneo.itch.io/redraw

Submitted

Hey ivaneo:

• I really liked the paper-drawn artstyle. good job. 
  • The idle animation of the character is too fast. Looks like he has a seizure. 
  • The rewind AI is a bit strange at times. At level 3, the faded version of me completed the level. 
  • The sound fitted with the game. Nice
  • The game felt more like a 'replay/retry' instead of rewind. 

Short puzzle platformer game. Can use some polishing, but a great start. Good work.

Submitted

Hello, we've made a 3d third-person action game with realtime rewind & combat mechanics at its core! I'm sure you'd appreciate the mechanic!
Will try and rate your game!
https://hadilepanda.itch.io/corewind

Submitted

Here are my thoughts on CoRewind: 

• Liked the mechanic that you could rewind to where you chose it to be. Although it wouldn't make any sense to do this in the endless runner level (in the desert)
  • I would not put the bullets as a child of the player. Now it follows the rotation of the player after being shot. That is not logical. 
  • I liked the Emission & post pro, but think it was a bit too much. You should keep a form of relief or texture so it is not just a big plane of an emissive color. 
  • The second level was very hard. The skill gap between the tutorial level and the forward runner is a bit too high I think. The enemies lock onto you and you can only shoot forward and not stop running. 

Good start. Sit together with your team, discuss how you could improve and it will become a good game. 

I hope the feedback is usefull.

Submitted(+1)

Yeah man thanks for the feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to write it! :)

For the bullets it's on purpose that they follow where the player is looking, they're not child of the character actually. Might improve how they work in the future though.

For the second level I'll keep that in mind and try to improve the game design.

Will take your feedback into account when improving the game, cheers!

Submitted

I have played & reviewed your game, it has really well designed levels & immersive environment. Do check my comments for further detailed feedbacks :)

I would like some detailed reviews for my game too: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724800

Thanks! :)

Submitted

Hey gladgib, here is my opinion about your game:

• Very nice mechanic where you can spawn clones that can turn against you so you need to pay attention. The mechanic still is a bit barebones, but I really think it has potential. 
  • I liked that there were multiple enemies. 
  • Nice little tutorial so you directly know everything you need to know. 
  • Game was a bit too easy I think. I could keep going for hours if I had the time. 
  • Pace of the game was good, but a bit more chaos could be added (more mines, maybe a clone that spawns, targets you and only dies when you shoot it)

Nice mechanics. I liked it. Good work

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks a lot on the feedback! Glad that you liked the things that you've pointed out. I agree the game was a bit easy, it was commented several times by other players too. I had several ideas in mind to add more interesting progression in the game, like boss enemies & special event, but did not have the time to fully implement them. I could explore these in the future :D

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722655

the mechanic is to rewind your clone.

the mechanic will extend to furthur well structured mechanics in the higher levels (all levels are available from the beginning) 

Submitted

• Loved the simple music. Soothing and fitted with the rest of the assets. 
  • Nice job on the simple tutorial levels in between. Explained the game very well.
  • The exit button on the menu did not work for me. I used Alt + F4.
  • Nice concept that you could choose how many steps your clone sets back and also were you place him. 
  • Nice puzzles although some were able to pass without using yellow crates that were placed in the level. 

Nice little game. Reminded me of a simpler version of 'Baba is You'. Good jam submission!

Submitted

thank you.

The exit button does not work browser.

I used yellow boxes to throw some people off

Thanks for you. And baba is you is an inspiration and it definitely shadowed on my game to some extent.

Submitted

Could you try mine? First jam ever, so comments and improvements are appreciated (it has some problems with getting stuck, sorry in advance for that!).

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722389

Submitted

Here are my thoughts: 

• Nice concept of using 3 different charaters with each havind a special 'ability'. 
  • While you're the egg. You get stuck pretty easily, but I saw your page so you're aware of that. 
  • Nice pixelart and play on 'The chicken and the egg'. 
  • Would like to switch back to bigger forms. Could only return to the egg and then there were question marks. If it was possible I did not figure out how to do it. 
  • It seemed that the sprint did not add much of a difference to the speed while playing. 
  • Fun level design. 

Great work for a first jam. Keep up the work. 

Submitted

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated!
My play on the theme was that you can only go back (rewind) to a previous chicken form so once you transformed, you couldn't use the previous form, making the player think in advance what they had to do in order to not get stuck in the puzzle. From what you're saying and other comments, I see now that I should have made that more clear.
The question marks where only a way of telling you, the player, what type of form do you want to go after the egg? There's nothing, you can't :D (but, from the first point, that wasn't clear ^^' )

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723387 

I think its a pretty fun mechanic!

Submitted

My thoughts: 

• Nice memory game, not a popular subject, but you made it fun. 
  • I would make the time skippable if you're finished moving the objects. 
  • I would like to see what furnitur I placed right and what not in the end. 
  • Fun party music that goes along with the game. 
  • Window size of the game seems a bit off for me. 
  • Does not fit into the theme in my opinion. 

Good job on your second game ever created. Funny mechanic.

Submitted

Thanks for the feedback!

Submitted

Rate my game please :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723892

Submitted

Hey:

• I could not move in your game. I restarted it several times, but I think there is a game-breaking bug.
  • Sound and art is nice.
  • I like the dance animation. 
  • Sprites are also dope.

I can't give you much more than that since I could not move in your game. Is it just me?

Submitted
With you there are only two people who have not been able to move the character.
Go to instructions and practice there. To move you have to do the DWA sequence to move to the left keeping them pressed at the same time, so when you start with D, don't release it until you finish with A
Sorry for not being very clear in the game
Submitted

How about a little spooky game? https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723431

The main mechanic allow you to travel back in time to help you escape a house where some things have been going on.

Submitted

Hey BlackDragonBE, not a big fan of horror games but I gave it a spin:

• The SFX was really good. 
  • The mouse sensitivity was too strong. 
  • Game was a bit too dark for me. (maybe because I don't like horrorgames)
  • I did not quite get why rewinding time gives you other possibilities. Like the medicine cupboard for example. 
  • I loved the ending part where you can't see anything around you besides mean comments and someone comes at you but you can't escape. 

Nice little horrorgame. Good job. 

Submitted

Thanks for giving it a shot and providing valuable feedback! You made some excellent points. Thanks for playing!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi! Please check out my game: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723379 and rate it. I have rated yours! I also left some feedback.

Submitted

Here is my honest opinion: 

• The file size is massive. I would recommend you do some optimizing before exporting. 
  • Don't change the size of the text as it comes by. It made me restart reading multiple times because the letters jumped all over the screen.
  • Nice voice recording.
  • There was no music inside the night club. 
  • Nice screen transitions. 
  • Animations on the robots are also nice. 

It felt more like a visual novel than a detective game for me. You just experience what happened, but you can't really investigate yourself. I could image that would be very hard to create in 7 days. 

I hope you like the feedback!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Thanks for the detailed feedback! To make good graphics you have to use detailed textures that unfortunately cost space. The high-quality audio files are large too.
About the letters and some other bugs, we managed to fix them only a few minutes after the jam ended.
We made it clear that this is a narrative experience game, and it's all about enjoying the fully voiced dialogue, with music and sound effects.
If we had more time, we would definitely add some more things you can investigate yourself.
Thanks again for trying our game :) I like your game by the way.

Submitted

We made a rhythm game where you play one instrument in the song, rewind, and add on another instrument to build up the whole song. We also use some audio reactivity! https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722656

Submitted

Hey J-mo, here's what I think:

• The art, sound, and juicyness of the game is very well executed. Very nice job!
  • I think there should be an easier level te start. You get thrown in and are left in the dark. 
  • Controls are straight forward and simple. Perfect. 
  • I also liked the stange audio effect in the title screen. Reminds me of @LumpyTouch's videos on yt. 

I don't have a lot of critique on this one. Really nice game. Good polishing. Very well made. 

Great job!

Submitted

Our game is the following: https://rafantastico.itch.io/masters-of-puppets

I leave you a complete walkthrough just in case there is any level which is frustrating (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SqD6DKn4k). 

Everything is made from the scratch even the great music and the sound effects hehehe

Submitted

Here is my opinion:

• Good idea to make a playtrough. I could look it up when I got stuck. 
  • I liked the different kinds of boxes that did different things and you have to wind them up a certain amount of time to also get the effect only for a certain amount of time. 
  • I did not know why the platforms related to the shields of the enemies. I should just hit the enemy twicee. Once for the shield and once for the enemy itself. 
  • I liked the pixelart of the characters. I would make the environment more suited to the characters though. Maybe a castle or something. 
  • Sound was really cute and lovely. 

Overall, I liked the game. Sometimes had to look up how to pass a certain level, but the gameplay aided me. Good job on the game.

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723613

Submitted

Here are my thoughts:

• The game was really simple. I beat it under 3 minutes.  Simplicity is good in the beginning, but you should try to make games that are easy to learn (like this), but hard to master. Maybe add a couple of levels that have some seriously difficult jumps. 
  • Sometimes the character seemed to fly around with a lot more speed than it should. 
  • It does not fit the theme very well. 
  • The blue ball and rectangle are nice. Maybe add some teleporters, grapplers, magnets, ...

Nice little game. Especially for a 13 year old. Good job. 

Submitted

hi thers my game https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723719 thanks :D

Submitted

Here are my thoughts/remarks: 

• Liked rolling of the character. Maybe unintented, but good. 
  • Enemies shoot trough the floor. 
  • There was no sound.
  • Mechanic is not very unique. Not bad, but not good for this forum thread. 

Still good to make in that short amount of time. Nicely done.

Submitted

Thanks the shoots was a bug with the bullet script thins is the reasson whhy enemoes soot troughh the floor the mechnic is wired 

But i dont have any more ideas thanks :D

Submitted

Highly appreciated! I'll also rate your game!

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/719274

Its a puzzle platformer where you can rewind certain objects in time in your favour! A lot of people are saying its to hard but it never hurts to get another opinion! Thanks!

Submitted

My thoughts on the game:

• I loved the pixelart, the feel of the game (swinging lanters, quick jump/fall etc. ) and the sound. Good job. 
  • The mechanic is not that special. Already played 20+ games fromt his jam with that mechanic somewhat implemented. 
  • Puzzles were clever. Made me think hard for some time.
  • The casette seemed a bit off in between the rest of the castle/dungeon assets. 
  • Not a big fan of using the mouse in a platformer game, but I can not think of another solution to pick certain crates to rewind so not that big of a deal. 

Nice platformer. I've played a lot of them the last couple of days and this one definitely belongs in the top 15% of them. 

Keep up the nice artwork and playstyle. Thanks for rating mine!

Submitted

Hi here is mine, have fun!

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/719641

Submitted

My thoughts: 

• The skateboarder moved to fast, flew out of the screen. 
  • I could not stop rewinding time after I pressed the button. 
  • Weird artstyle, but funny. 

Unfortunately, I can't give more feedback because the game was a bit too unplayable for me. 

I hope you can still do something with my feedback. 

Submitted

hi that鈥檚 part of the game play you have to adapt your speed with beef car! You stop rewindingbthe time with keyboard o like explain in the page and the toturial. Sorry you didn鈥檛 have much fun!

Next time maybe !

Submitted

Has a few bugs, but we did learn a lot and had fun https://gg-studio.itch.io/akbal

Submitted

Here are my thoughts:

• Concept is very nice. Has a lot of potential. 
  • The game has bugs as u mentioned. 
  • I did not know what I took damage from. 
  • Nice checkpoint idea.
  • I think I could only shoot in front of me? Was very difficult to kill the enemies. 

I think this was a bit too ambitious to try to make in one week. I can see this being a fun game nonetheless. It just needs more time.  Good that you had fun and learned! I hope you like the feedback.

Submitted

my game: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724570

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/721829
i think i have a unique mechanic, would love to hear what u think about it since i am considering publishing this game after the jam.

Submitted

Hey ksen0n, here are my thoughts: 

• Sound was very nice, very chill.
  • I think I found a method to play that made your game insanely easy. I just rewinded at the start of the game which made the first orb not progress, but the following orbs came in. That made it that all orbs were in one place for each level. Maybe fix this bug ;) 
  • I like the idea. Can be very difficult to keep track of multiple targets at the same time. 
  • The 'next level' button on level 6 did not work for me. 

Simple concept, but good execution. Nice job. 

Submitted(+1)

thank you Daan, i'll fix some of the bugs after the jam, also tweak spawning of  enemies. sorry for the next level button bug i already fixed that but can't upload the fixed version due to jam restrictions.

Submitted (1 edit)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724417 heres mine hope you give a good feedback on what needs to improve  and what should i add to make the game more interesting

Submitted

Hi Sydown, here are my thoughts:

• I liked the pixelart. It was pretty. 
  • The purple orb of the mage is nice, but could be annoying sometimes. Sometimes you're stuck on a small platform and don't have the space to dodge the orb. That sucks because you have to go back and you can do nothing about it. I would try to design the levels in a way that there is always a way for the player to dodge it. Look at super mario's angry sun levels. 
  • The jumping sometimes did not work. I would just straight off run of the platform. 
  • Sometimes you had to jump somewhere without knowing where to go. Try to indicate at least where the player has to go. 

Nice little patformer game. Nice job.

Submitted

Here are my thoughts about the game: 

• Level one was unbeatable. You would take damage on each cactus so you'd die no matter what. 
  • The art is a bit all over the place. I would suggest you pick a theme and make every asset fitted in the theme. (if you pick blocks, everything is a block. If you pick dinasours, make a dino environment, character and primitive exotic plant.)

I can see it being a good concept, but it was too unplayable to properly test it out. You should play the game yourself regularly while developing. If a new game is insanely difficult, most of the players just instantly give up and maybe that makes the miss out on nice things you implemented in the later part of the game. 

Submitted (1 edit)

Mine! :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722704

Submitted

Here are my thoughts: 

• Liked the art, sound and mood setting. 
  • Fell to my death 4 times before knowing you could slide.
  • Wall jumping is a bit hard IMO.
  • I don't really get why going back in time removes the orbs. Not the same for the three however. That was logic. 
  • Web build didn't work for me. 

I got stuck on the level with the tree. Maybe implement a hinting system that starts when dying more than 3 times.  Great job on the art. Sells the game very well. Reminded my of the artstyle of 'Kingdom New Lands'. Keep up the work.

Submitted

Hiii, i think the mechanic of my game is interesting and i want your opinion. It is a little bit difficult to understand, so please read the description and watch the gameplay if needed. Thank you for your time.

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/720336

Submitted

Hey,

• I was very confused how to play this. 
  • I could not separate Ui from map interactables. 
  • I don't really know what the aim of the game is. 
  • The SFX was really loud. 

Even after seeing the gameplay you made, it was unclear what to do. I suggest you implement a tutorial in the the game that explains it to the player. 

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724925 You can check out my game if you want!

Submitted

It鈥檚 math puzzle game. https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723165 It鈥檚 my first game and jam ever. Can You play and RATE it? If yes, please read description. (You can play in browser.)

Submitted

I already played and rated yours so I can't anymore ;)

Submitted

Thanks!

Submitted

I think I found an interesting take on rewinding with my puzzle game: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722711

Submitted

Here is my game. 

Ninja has a levitating knife that can send 1 object back in time

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724358

I am downloading your game at the moment :)

Submitted

Here you go man.

Already know my controls are the main drawback, hope you can enjoy it beyond that https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724413

Excited to see what you made!

Submitted

Hey check out my puzzle game! Thanks in advance for the honest feedback :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723687

Submitted

https://hogstudio.itch.io/shyrky-o I was told that theme was a bit off (and it is true, rewind is not the core mechanic), but it would be good to have feedback on the mechanic itself, if you find some time, because I want to release a more polished version on mobile.

Submitted (1 edit)

I really appreciate you doing this man. I will review your game now , I hope you get some time to review my game and rate it too. I also always leave a detailed review like yourself <3

Hell's Gates: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722470

Submitted(+1)

Hey Asim, here are my thoughts: 

• I really liked this game. Very refreshing amongst the hundreds of puzzle/platformer games. 
  • The style is executed very well. Art and sound go together nicely. 
  • I would add a minimap of some sort so the player could navigate through the dungeon instead of running around like a headless chicken. 
  • The music and SFX was defaulted to 0. I would just make the default the half of the slider. I thought at first it had no music and only heard it after reading comments and booting it back up again. 
  • I would go for an ammunition counter instead of a fill-up bar. 

Nice little game. Although the rewind did not seem usefull for me, it still is a nice retro 2.5D shooter. Good job.

Submitted

I appreciate the detailed review. I was thinking to add a minimap but was short of people and time. Can implement the other things you said with relative ease. Thank you and have a great day. :D

Submitted

https://jadegenius.itch.io/last-step

The mechanic is to rewind your clone in recorder steps to achieve the result.

The mechanic will be deeply evolved in levels of the game

Hope u like my game and your game looks so nice about to play

Submitted

I already played and rated yours.

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724540

My game uses a yoyo as the main mechanic. Try it out!

Submitted

Hey Nyrukm here are my thoughts:

• Very original idea. Nicely done. 
  • Mechanic-wise, the coolest game of this thread so far. Very good. 
  • There is a game breaking bug with the shovels. The first time, I could set a checkpoint. All the other times. I got stuck on the shovel and couldn't move. Wether I had pressed Q on it or not. 
  • I like the artstyle, although it was difficult to navigate sometimes.
  • On your '?' menu, you don't tell the player how he can get the gifts. I only figured it out by accident. 

Nice game. Very original idea and mechanic. I gave a nice rating. Great submission!

Submitted

Well, incredible Graphics, sound is cool and gives the mood for the scene, awesome, movement and player control feels nice, but i have to say that it was hard tofind the bear, and did not know where to find the rocks or the place for the rocks, i think its intentional to make the player to scout all the area but sometiemes its discouraging not to have some hints, besides that its the mos beautiful way to get lost in amazing art .

i'd love to read your review of our game

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724057#post-1844596

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724197 

Submitted

Here is mine, Lullaby :D 

Thank you!

Submitted

Me and @citrusmelon made a game! I would appreciate it if you looked at it! Instead of having "levels" the levels are different points of time in a certain place. I am looking at your game now! :D https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723554

Submitted

I don't know if mine fulfills your wish, but i'll give it a try https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723373

Submitted

I'm not sure how unique my game mechanics are but the entire game takes place in a single "level" with multiple branching paths that you have to unlock and rewind to. I'd love feedback on the game, and I already know the movement feels off so any other in depth critique would be appreciated greatly: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/722645

Submitted

https://heliturtleop.itch.io/who-killed-milton-rivers dont know if my mechanic is "nice" but i feel like my game is a little unique

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724166 have fun trying our game! I think it is pretty interesting, give us some feedback :)

Submitted

Wassup! Do you want to check out mine? Not sure if it is groundbreaking for you though.. 

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723687

Submitted

maybe this one isn't too mechanic based but... Here I go.

we made a narrative game about death, memories and family :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/721463

hope you like it,

Can you spot the easter egg?

Submitted

Hey. In my game you need to rewind a jukebox to keep the music playing and also defend it from incoming enemy waves. The controls are on the game page if you want to test it.

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/725016

Submitted

pls play and rate my game: https://rakshit-ranjan.itch.io/rewind-knight

Submitted

Hey! I would love to hear what you have to say about my game: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724602

Submitted

Mine has a simple mechanic, but I haven't seen anyone similar, so if you'd like to rate it, I'd appreciate it

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/720723

Submitted

Here is my puzzle game:

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/721302

Submitted

Give this one a go :)

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723809

Submitted

bro please play my game give the honest feedback in the comments also pls

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724570

Submitted

Hello, there is our game if you want : https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/721112

(The mechanics are than you need to rewind in order to progress in the game)

Thanks if you're giving some time to play it !

Submitted

Hey! I would love to hear what you have to say about my game: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/724602

Submitted

I really think you'll enjoy this one https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723809

Submitted (1 edit)

https://awpas50.itch.io/i-bet-you-cant-pass-the-level

Hey Daan,Here is a  time management beat puzzle game with only reverse button and happy to hear any feedback to make a greater game in the future.ENJOY!